Let the list of open businesses also be tied to /openbusiness and /startshift

Momo's Revenge

Short description:  Allow the /openbusiness command to have a business appear on the list of 'open businesses' if there is someone there who has /startshift. 

Detailed description:

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? I get that /bad makes the server money. This however is an unfair advantage and isn't cosmetic. Fair enough that the scripted businesses people buy don't get a blip. The list of open businesses however shouldn't be tied to /bad. This is a clear P2W model and isn't necessary. The player has to go into the menu themselves and look specifically for open businesses if they want to see them. The improvement to the server is that more businesses would actually want to open. They would also not be dependent purely on a person coming around for the sole OOC purpose of making an /bad for an employee. 

There would still be plenty of reasons for /bad. Off the top of my head it would be better to just combine both the blip and the UCP icon cosmetic into one. Include that in the donator package if it isn't already. Have it give the benefits of both if someone purely purchases that on the UCP. /bad on its own would still have the edge of a icon which people still would be going to purely because its on the map and its a certain icon type. 

Please realize that at a certain point, you are making people not want to donate to the server because of stuff like this. Please realize it is also inconvenient to people that donate anyways that their employees can't do it by themselves despite having the IC authority too and access to everything they need. I definitely don't like that when I do donate. I like to do other stuff and I got responsibilities. I shouldn't need to go IG for the sole purpose of doing a /bad for someone so they can actually have customers to roleplay with. It's not real life. I assume this will go straight to lock but hey, worth a shot. The entire system even when we donate is inconvenient for those that don't donate and those that DO. Perks aren't even account-wide.  You do not make people want to spend money by making stuff inconvenient. 

Additional information:

Edited by Momo's Revenge

1000% supporting this, it's one of the many reasons people don't want to get into business roleplay because it's simply inconvenient, I for one found myself despising that type of roleplay for the sole reason of having to pay a monthly fee to be able to have a blip on the map, which is the only way I could really attract players, as much as I'd want to make posters and find loopholes around the system, people just simply would ignore it and go on with their day, the simple having of a blip on the map helps a LOT with business if you want them to be profitable from an IC standpoint. 

If they don't allow us to /bad this at least would be a good addition so that even if I am not a donator I can buy a business and set it as open on the list and then just wait, tell a few people about it and have people roleplay inside of my business. 

Even if it's been suggested before, I really hope that they don't brush this one off and simply go back to ignoring what the people actually owning a business or the employees of one want. Honestly sick of it. 

I personally would want to speak in favour of this, and explain with a simple logic why long term this would be benefitial not just roleplay wise but financially for our dear host:

The better the ingame business scene evolves, the livelier the city is, the more attractive it is to people who try the game out ic (regardless what set attracts them), the more of these will stick around- and of these those who can afford it typically then also will support the server or at least begrudgingly get packages needed further to do whatever they mean to.

This suggestion would be incredibly helpful to work towards this longterm goal, without to cut that deep into the privileges of paying customers (a map marker is still the much more powerful tool than the i-business list to actually promote openings or events).

More active sceneries equal more players equal more overall cashflow. Not rocket science, just roleplay. 🙃

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic