Character Kill Application

12 hours ago, Capology said:

I'm really a big fan of this. However, the only negative side I can see related to this is if the person who's being ck'ed doesn't have the money irl to buy an NC. So if this gets implemented the server should give the CK'ed person the credits or a free NC

In that way, keeping your assets after a CK would be a Donator Feature, which I'm not completely against, but this could mean that someone who is unable to donate could potentially lose millions.

4 hours ago, Portz said:

CKs and keeping your assets... is pretty much just like not even CKing. If I am a member of a faction and was CKed, but kept my assets I would pretty much be in the same position I was. Do you think this is a good idea?

Sorry, where you the person that made the stat-whore comment? Because that would be the contradiction of the century.

You lose your character. Your established contacts, your friendships, your development... If that means nothing to you, then you must be a statwhore.

15 minutes ago, Makkebakke said:

Sorry, where you the person that made the stat-whore comment? Because that would be the contradiction of the century.

You lose your character. Your established contacts, your friendships, your development... If that means nothing to you, then you must be a statwhore.

I'm not saying we should keep our assets. So no, it's not the biggest contradiction of the century. 

What Portz, I and a few other players in this thread are trying to push to people is: Stop caring about the assets, the connections and the reputation you have on a virtual character. Start caring about the storyline that you're creating because you're here to roleplay, not farm assets.

If you get killed in real life - do you keep your life? Your assets? Your stockpile of drugs and weaponry? No. Why should it be any different on a heavy roleplaying server? Well, it shouldn't.

If you all really believe that you're here to commit to heavy roleplay and not keep 3 of your most valuable assets on you when you namechange like you just died in the Runescape wilderness, then I believe that we can all commit to a better roleplaying experience for everybody as more realism will be enforced. Nobody is saying that you can be CKed over the smallest of reasons, i.e - your character calling a random passerby a hoe and then she decides to come back later and kill you over minor bullshit. The other side that want to CK you have to provide a huge storyline including screenshots, perhaps months and months of screenshots, to back up their evidence for wanting to take your life. It wouldn't just be a thing that the staff members of GTA:World handed out like giving strawberries to a donkey. It'll be something that would be discussed within the team and then a verdict will be given on whether we think that would be a realistic reason for the offending character to take somebody's life and risk his own or his freedom in the event.

I've took the time to bold some keywords there so people don't jump to the "no I don't agree with this" statement. Please actually consider this, it's something that will make others think twice about killing you over ridiculous reasons and actually make both sides act more realistically because both of their lives are at stake, not a few minutes in a death state and then respawn and play happy families again. Real life consequences occur when you do something stupid enough to get your life taken - why should it be any different here in a heavy text-based roleplaying server?

Just to add to the conclusion of my reply though, it isn't the end of the road for you as a person in GTA: World. It simply means that you have the fun of creating a new character, whether it's in the same faction or another (if you were in one) and then you get to go through the development again of another character that you might even find more fun than your now CKed character. To add to that as well, it's not the end of the road for the killer either. Think about the police investigating that murder, think about the roleplay that you've provided both of those characters by your character dying in the story... Hell, even think about the killer getting caught and permanently being put in prison for the murder if he goes to trial and is found guilty of murdering you. Honestly, think about you providing roleplay and don't think about yourself in the situation - we're all here to provide role play for each other and create a storyline as that's why we all connected to a heavy roleplaying server. You'd be providing roleplay not only to yourself, but to the killer, the police, the coroner, the medical services attending the scene that will fight to keep you alive and the court system who are trialling the murderer if they get caught.

Think about all of that above before thinking about your assets! We're all here to make a better GTA World I assume, we're all here to make the server evolve from the greatness it's at now to something even greater. Don't stall the development of roleplay, help it prosper by enforcing a more realistic environment for everybody taking huge risks on their character that could cost them their lives.

Edited by Nervous
Edited a few grammatical errors.

Surprised with all the pus-back on this. I was also on a server back in the day that had a similar system and it was amazing. You really didn't have the confidence you normally see when you know the situation will end up as a Pk. As for the issue in regards to re-grinding your assets, why not just get a hit rather than lose everything? The specifics can be changed, but something similar to how they handled the 5rp transfer, where there's a limit of what you can keep after, etc. 

The best part of a Ck is the realism, the fear you get even if you know the person you're trying to Ck doesn't know. Because if shit goes south and you end up dying, then you're Cked, just like real life. The only issue we had, and this is where it gets tricky is the one-sided attempt. When you submit an application, it's hard for an admin to investigate the full story without seeing the other person's side of the story. 

Either way, I thought Ck applications were more common, but apparently not. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Portz said:

I'm not saying we should keep our assets. So no, it's not the biggest contradiction of the century. 

If your claim is that assets matter and character does not... Regardless of your opinion on keeping or deleting assets, that makes you a statwhore.

Anyway. Taking away a person's assets only limits what they can roleplay with their next character. CKs shouldn't punish the player, regardless of the player's actions that landed them the CK. Not all CKs are caused by others, mind you. Some people choose to roleplay character's with mental issues or drug addictions. Should they be punished for having their character commit suicide, or having an overdose? And don't even bother saying that "Well that was their own choice"... Sometimes roleplay lands you at a logical conclusion. If that's how your character's story goes, then that's how it goes. It would be absolutely ridiculous to punish the player for coming to this fatal conclusion.

If this comes to pass, I should absolutely be allowed forward my earned assets into a new character. Maybe I want to RP a rich character moving into the city. I, as a person, as a player of GTA:W have put in the work. Why would I not be allowed to do this?

Just now, Makkebakke said:

If your claim is that assets matter and character does not... Regardless of your opinion on keeping or deleting assets, that makes you a statwhore.

Anyway. Taking away a person's assets only limits what they can roleplay with their next character. CKs shouldn't punish the player, regardless of the player's actions that landed them the CK. Not all CKs are caused by others, mind you. Some people choose to roleplay character's with mental issues or drug addictions. Should they be punished for having their character commit suicide, or having an overdose? And don't even bother saying that "Well that was their own choice"... Sometimes roleplay lands you at a logical conclusion. If that's how your character's story goes, then that's how it goes. It would be absolutely ridiculous to punish the player for coming to this fatal conclusion.

If this comes to pass, I should absolutely be allowed forward my earned assets into a new character. Maybe I want to RP a rich character moving into the city. I, as a person, as a player of GTA:W have put in the work. Why would I not be allowed to do this?

How am I a statwhore lmao? I'm FOR losing all your shit.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:12 AM, Portz said:

The majority of the server falls into two categories, law enforcement and criminals. As Caporegime stated in the post I copy and pasted, there is currently only one way to police criminals. That's with the law. Player Killing is useless. It doesn't correct criminal behavior, or make people think twice. All it does is waste resources. 

If someone put through an application to CK you, they would have to have valid reasons, that met or exceeded specific criteria. Not just because you said "fuck you" to Billy Bob and he did not like it.

If you don't give others a reason to CK you, then there will be no application put out against you. Even if someone attempts to, they have to provide evidence, as well as their reasons to warrant your character's death.

Negative.

Except some people will might go through length to create CK opportunity by maybe repeating threat or contact to have enough material to force a CK, it's a system that can and will probably be abused at some point even if the admin are there as a safeguard, nobody know in advance.

People could pretty much use a wide range of reason for it or give people with power even more power. You're a high end drug lord and someone is selling on your territory, you tried to buy them out or to recruit but they said you to fuck off, you sent couple warning to him with some goon to beat him but still a no, then you can fill a CK and it'll probably get accepted because, following what was said, it was a progress to it and it's valid, doesn't meant it's right but it's valid. 

•Side question: Let's say a CK goes through, does the person in question is warned OOC and ICly? Because so far i haven't seen that pointed out as it give an advantage over the the person they tagged so i assume both party are warned prior.

•What happen if the person escape your attempt to kill them, does the CK remain up until one of you get killed or it can 'expire'.

1 minute ago, Th3Madjackal said:

Except some people will might go through length to create CK opportunity by maybe repeating threat or contact to have enough material to force a CK, it's a system that can and will probably be abused at some point even if the admin are there as a safeguard, nobody know in advance.

People could pretty much use a wide range of reason for it or give people with power even more power. You're a high end drug lord and someone is selling on your territory, you tried to buy them out or to recruit but they said you to fuck off, you sent couple warning to him with some goon to beat him but still a no, then you can fill a CK and it'll probably get accepted because, following what was said, it was a progress to it and it's valid, doesn't meant it's right but it's valid. 

•Side question: Let's say a CK goes through, does the person in question is warned OOC and ICly? Because so far i haven't seen that pointed out as it give an advantage over the the person they tagged so i assume both party are warned prior.

•What happen if the person escape your attempt to kill them, does the CK remain up until one of you get killed or it can 'expire'.

Warned OOCly? You mean, should the information be metagamed? No. Lmao. It does not expire. If your killer fails to kill you, you respond in whichever way you choose. Call the cops or take care of it yourself. If you kill them, they are CKed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1