Make masks cheaper

Snoot

12 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Are you really suggesting countering a problem with rulebreaking by influencing in game economy? Like honestly did you consider how stupid that is?

Actually it's not as stupid as you might think. If a mask costs more, it's going to deter at least some newer players from chain robbing as they're going to think twice about the upfront costs. Plus if my alternative suggestion was used and the mask only has a limited number of uses, it'll make sure it can't be used over and over again. Which realistically, it wouldn't be anyway.

Edited by Moonsong
Just now, Moonsong said:

Actually it's not as stupid as you might think. If a mask costs more, it's going to deter at least some newer players from chain robbing as they're going to think twice about the upfront costs. Plus if my alternative suggestion was used and the mask only has a limited number of uses, it'll make sure it can't be used over and over again. 

No. Deterring newer players from illegal roleplay is literally like the worst idea ever. Let them roleplay whatever they only want to roleplay. Stop forcing people to grind and become mallrats just because they can't play the game the way they want to play it.

3 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Actually it's not as stupid as you might think. If a mask costs more, it's going to deter at least some newer players from chain robbing as they're going to think twice about the upfront costs. Plus if my alternative suggestion was used and the mask only has a limited number of uses, it'll make sure it can't be used over and over again. Which realistically, it wouldn't be anyway.

Echoing this in agreement, although I wish it'd make sense for masks to have a limited number of uses. Surely there is a better alternative to counter the non-RP robberies with masks.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

No. Deterring newer players from illegal roleplay is literally like the worst idea ever. Let them roleplay whatever they only want to roleplay. Stop forcing people to grind and become mallrats just because they can't play the game the way they want to play it.

I want to ask, respectfully, what compromise would you suggest to deter new players from spending an hour's paycheck on a mask and robbing people willy-nilly?

There's a clear difference between actual illegal roleplay, and going around robbing taxis and convenience stores for OOC fun and danger, which seems to be the #1 reason why people go out robbing.

1 minute ago, Aquila said:

I want to ask, respectfully, what compromise would you suggest to deter new players from spending an hour's paycheck on a mask and robbing people willy-nilly?

There's a clear difference between actual illegal roleplay, and going around robbing taxis and convenience stores for OOC fun and danger, which seems to be the #1 reason why people go out robbing.

I don't know maybe punish them if their roleplay isn't up to par? Right now all I see is legal roleplayers whining about being robbed part 992931930213013010

• Upvote 1
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I don't know maybe punish them if their roleplay isn't up to par? Right now all I see is legal roleplayers whining about being robbed part 992931930213013010

Why though? Why even let rulebreakers into the server in the first place?

I've argued this countless times since I joined the server — it's too easy to join and break rules, and it feels like only half of the rulebreakers get caught in the first instance. I have to respectfully disagree and state that I see no logic in allowing rulebreakers to wander, only to punish them after if they're caught. Better off to prevent it from happening in the first place, even if by a minor adjustment.

It isn't even about legal roleplayers complaining, it's just people on these forums probably signed up for a heavy RP server, but they're met with a shock when they realise how much non-RP behaviour actually happens on here. These issues were tackled far better when the population was lower, but now it seems that it can't be managed due to the overwhelming playerbase.

18 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I don't even know where you got that from my dude. It's not always as simple as just punishing someone, illegal roleplay can be very situational at the best of times with a lot of nuances that can change what might be acceptable in one situation over another. Admins would much rather prevent a situation from happening in the first place, with small changes to the script or economy balances (As an example that actually happened, the removal of bf400's). It's not unheard of. If we let players roleplay whatever they want without these checks and balances it would be anarchy.

Edited by Moonsong
32 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Lol I don’t know maybe because there’s an actual problem? Robbery RP on this server is 9 out of 10 times shit tier and borderline insulting to the meaning of heavy role play. Let’s try fixing that first before making it easier for them to buy a mask and commit even more shit tier robberies. 

Edited by Italiano
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic