Time-glass besides the name identifying if player has been AFK

What exactly is your problem with people who go afk?

-If they're AFK harmlessly (alone, isolated, within permission of the surrounding people etc), it's okay. Plus they still serve the purpose of making the server look full, which is actually more good than harm.

-If they're AFK in public, report them, people already get kicked for this.

-If they're AFK and stalling a scene or undermining roleplay, guess what, report them.

I get the idea and all but I simply don't want others to stalk how long I've been away. Plus the 2+ monitors argument from one of the earlier posts, which includes me as well. Only non-intrusive way I see this happening is through a command, which simply tells whether the player is currently tabbed or not. Then again, the monitor argument. There's simply no reliable way of telling.

Edited by Bloodseeker
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Yoak said:

ye so? make it so it just disconnects you, doesn't need to go on record, just stops people afking

You've been around a while, so I'm sure you remember. People used to get kicked for being AFK a lot, but then at some point they started allowing it inside interiors (presumably because it boosts server population).

What difference does it make to you or anyone if someone's AFK?

4 minutes ago, Aquila said:

You've been around a while, so I'm sure you remember. People used to get kicked for being AFK a lot, but then at some point they started allowing it inside interiors (presumably because it boosts server population).

What difference does it make to you or anyone if someone's AFK?

We don't allow it in interiors. It does break common courtesy rule. We prefer if you DO need to afk for 2-3 perhaps 5 mins, go ahead and do it in your OWN interior - but do not get into the habit of doing this. What if your apartment gets broken in to and you're in there sat AFK? /changechar if you need to AFK.

30 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

We don't allow it in interiors. It does break common courtesy rule. We prefer if you DO need to afk for 2-3 perhaps 5 mins, go ahead and do it in your OWN interior - but do not get into the habit of doing this. What if your apartment gets broken in to and you're in there sat AFK? /changechar if you need to AFK.

My bad, I meant personal interiors.

• Wuhtah locked this topic