Juvenile Detention Center

On 3/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, Sebz said:

Stop getting your 12-14 year old characters put in jail. There shouldn't be a demand for this given our playerbase. The entire US has about 2.3 million prisoners (2016) to 60,000 juveniles (2013). That's the entire country. If you intend to suggest that LS (often compared to LA, although not the same) has 2.6 percent of it's prison population being juveniles to match that statistic, there's not enough to merit a juvenile pod. No more than 50-100 are in prison (online) on GTA World at any given time (I may be wrong about those numbers). I'm guessing the total number of incarcerated is less than 250 (that's me being generous). Crunch the numbers, 2.6 percent of 100 is exactly 2.6 people. 2.6 percent of 250? 6.5 people. It's not realistic for the server to implement a juvenile pod for literally an absolute peak of 5 12-14 year olds to sit in for a 10 hour sentence. I understand where you're coming from with this suggestion, but realism does not justify an outright waste of time and resources.

Same point can be said about police officers, don't put 12-14 year olds in jail for stealing soda at convenience stores then that may help out with that issue.

40 minutes ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

Same point can be said about police officers, don't put 12-14 year olds in jail for stealing soda at convenience stores then that may help out with that issue.

Feel free to cite any instance you're aware of where this happened. It's very unlikely that this has ever happened.

8 hours ago, orangejuice said:

Toa Asau

That's one instance, I read the report and I believe that 99 percent of our officers would exercise their discretion and not arrest a teen in this situation if they were aware of the age and the circumstances. The report appears to explain that the suspects ran on foot before that could be ascertained, but I wasn't there so I digress. You can direct any concern about that to the arresting officer @St3fan[NL]

1 hour ago, Sebz said:

That's one instance, I read the report and I believe that 99 percent of our officers would exercise their discretion and not arrest a teen in this situation if they were aware of the age and the circumstances. The report appears to explain that the suspects ran on foot before that could be ascertained, but I wasn't there so I digress. You can direct any concern about that to the arresting officer @St3fan[NL]

I mean their have been many other similar incidents, that's just the example used. I just thought it would be would be fun and more realistic but like you said we don't really have the player base for it. Although it would be nice if we ever did

Personally, for realism, I would love to see this being implemented as a separate pod, not a separate facility. I have not experienced it first-hand myself, but running a prison -- must be a difficult task already, having two facilities to run will eat up even more resources, requiring more players and so on. The comments that others made are also valid points, if inmates do not log in -- Deputies will most likely not stick around, and vice versa. Adding more pods and more area for players to scatter around will most likely lower the chance of seeing someone around. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic