Acts of retaliation rule

JoeSlice

After each action taken against a player, there should be a subsequent amount of time during which the initiating party cannot log out of the server to allow the other party to retaliate or find justice in any other way that would include 1. Finding 2. Engaging with the initiating party

So, to give an example of a situation of where this rule be viable:

- Scamming (eg: drug deal for 200,000$, buyer scams and runs off. logs off after 20 minutes, then prohibiting the seller from ever finding and getting back their drugs)

- Robbing (eg: a player is robbed for their vehicle/valuables and the vehicle is then stashed/sold but the thief logs out and prohibits any consequence against their char)

So what this rule would be asking:

- For players to choose wisely who and when they attempt to go against

- For players to remain in-game and further allow further roleplay engagements in regards to action in question

How easy would it be to obtain proof of this:

- /id the person, if they logged too early you can make a complaint which can be confirmed even easier

Proposed times(these times would be counted at the start of the last interaction between players):

- Scams for <10,000: 30 minutes

- Scams for >10,000: 45 minutes

- Scams for >30,000: 60 minutes

Then more for: Evading Cops(crimes, felonies etc), Raiding/Destroying etc etc

People have lives.  With this rule in place, people would be expected to be forced to stay IC.

Say someone engages with you, wins, then has to leave.  Would you be mad at that player for having to attend top real life matters?

There's not a limit on when you can retaliate, you can retaliate whenever you want.  If the guy got away, he got away.  Get him later.

4 minutes ago, Cici said:

you can retaliate whenever you want

no.

I can retaliate whenever the person decides to come online again.

If you can't handle a 2 hour RP scenario you shouldn't be on a heavy RP server :D

P.S. You can always initiate a "Re-rp" whenever they come online, ie continuation of the pursuing

Edited by JoeSlice
44 minutes ago, Orcaninja said:

That rule won't mesh with crashing and the game forcing you into singleplayer repeatedly.

communication, communication. If you crash out, log in, PM them informing them you crashed, /time and screenshot and continue on your merry way.

34 minutes ago, Cici said:

People have lives.  With this rule in place, people would be expected to be forced to stay IC.

Say someone engages with you, wins, then has to leave.  Would you be mad at that player for having to attend top real life matters?

There's not a limit on when you can retaliate, you can retaliate whenever you want.  If the guy got away, he got away.  Get him later.

If you're planning on committing to major criminal activity you should have extra time on your hands expecting something to go wrong. It's severely frustrating when someone commits a crime and can't stick around to RP when you catch them because they didn't expect to get caught (transport and processing takes time). Or when someone gets in a major chase and you scatter patrols in the area only for them to quick /vpark and log in less than five minutes to avoid getting caught by a larger attempt to stop them.

Because sometimes you only have so much to work with, and by the time you and the other player are on at the same time so much has changed that you don't have enough justification to retaliate. They, for example buy a new car the next day while you're offline and trash the crime vehicle.

Logging to avoid is already an unspoken rule, it should become more defined.

• Upvote 1

I agree that if someone causes a criminal activity they should be ready to stay online for some time after the event. However, I think the time you should stay online for should be about 45 minutes, maybe 60, at most (excluding client downtime). There should also be a way to "pause" an RP just in case something unexpected happens in real life but this should happen carefully because it can be abused and it's uncool to start organising an RP OOCly.

1 hour ago, NickTaSpy said:

I agree that if someone causes a criminal activity they should be ready to stay online for some time after the event. However, I think the time you should stay online for should be about 45 minutes, maybe 60, at most (excluding client downtime). There should also be a way to "pause" an RP just in case something unexpected happens in real life but this should happen carefully because it can be abused and it's uncool to start organising an RP OOCly.

I think having the time duration be based on the scale of the crime is good. For example, if you rob a script store and evade, or hit and run another players vehicle half an hour is fine. If you flat out murder someone especially on account of IC tensions and build up, there should be close to an hour window for police to respond or those associated to the victim to retaliate.

Pausing RP is fine as long as it's enforced by a staff member with roleplay situation authority (which should be any admin at this point I think), or if all parties agree to do so and resume in the same state they were before.

Edited by Wisci

I'm not with this. People have other things they want to do. If they get away from you chances are you wont find them right away anyway as they'd probably be hiding out somewhere. Be patient and plan what you're going to do if you find the person. Then when you see them again you can deal with it. No need to rush it.