Change torso anywhere

Tempesto

6 minutes ago, yerro said:

I'd say it's even broader — let people change clothes anywhere they are

I didn't wanna go as far with suggestions yet as I'm still figuring out the design system (not every intention is obviousto the player at first glance), but yes, this.

Being limited from changing clothing as dynamically as I would irl was one of the few things that touched me as "Hm, okay, well, is at it is" in an elsewise really brilliant design I'm still digging into after 8 weeks now.

And just to clarify further, I don't mean actually changing clothes like superman and putting on a mask.

I speak of taking off and on my jacket, and such. Which in our script requires me to change outfit, as I can't take it on and off, but have to use 2 outfits with and without jacket.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, knppel said:

I didn't wanna go as far with suggestions yet as I'm still figuring out the design system (not every intention is obviousto the player at first glance), but yes, this.

Being limited from changing clothing as dynamically as I would irl was one of the few things that touched me as "Hm, okay, well, is at it is" in an elsewise really brilliant design I'm still digging into after 8 weeks now.

And just to clarify further, I don't mean actually changing clothes like superman and putting on a mask.

I speak of taking off and on my jacket, and such. Which in our script requires me to change outfit, as I can't take it on and off, but have to use 2 outfits with and without jacket.

Hope I'm not spamming the suggestion up with this but, man the first ~30 days on the server with my first character were great. Until namechanging and using "change skin" in the clothing shop a month after joining, I was able to change my outfits anywhere. Believe that's a bug, apparently.

I had outfits lined up for their w/ jacket, w/o jacket versions; I'd roleplay taking it off, tossing it into my car and hanging it somewhere, etc. It was /great/.

Well, I am in favor of this suggestion, as it is a quality of life adjustment in a certain way. I wouldn't call it the "gloves on/off" addition, as that is just a side thing. I think this is good and can help to kill time, buuuut, /big but/, I don't want to see people just pulling gloves out of their ass out of sheer convenience. There were instances before where people commited a crime and then said they used gloves even though they didn't, which is clearly powergame. Now what if they don't RP any gloves, didn't wear any gloves during the crime, but changed their torso afterwards when they noticed "Oh yeah, that might be an issue for me" and now no one has an idea they powergamed. I mean, it isn't a huge issue, but I am just foreshadowing.

+ We might have an inflation of people accidentally using the wrong torso set, due to confusion when quickly changing it.

On paper, this would be great.

In practice? I'm not entirely sure.

1 hour ago, MomoIsHere said:

There were instances before where people commited a crime and then said they used gloves even though they didn't, which is clearly powergame

I think a dynamic system here could ease up things actually:

As it stands right now, a charatcer might commint an action of crime, possess gloves ic, properly have them in a pocket, but are scriptwise prevented from using them on their current outfit, if it uses a torso that has no gloves on.

allowing dynamic outfit adaption and/or gloves on/off, would prevent any ooc arguments- if you wear gloves ic, you wear them, if your outfit has none, you forgot to take them on, simple as.

8 minutes ago, knppel said:

I think a dynamic system here could ease up things actually:

As it stands right now, a charatcer might commint an action of crime, possess gloves ic, properly have them in a pocket, but are scriptwise prevented from using them on their current outfit, if it uses a torso that has no gloves on.

allowing dynamic outfit adaption and/or gloves on/off, would prevent any ooc arguments- if you wear gloves ic, you wear them, if your outfit has none, you forgot to take them on, simple as.

I mean, people work around this with on/off outfits, but I get where you are coming from.

6 minutes ago, MomoIsHere said:

I mean, people work around this with on/off outfits, but I get where you are coming from.

I've adapted to this, obviously- but even with 40 donator clothing slots, I can't prepare every outfit I use with and without gloves, nor change them dynamically (As I need to either be inside an interior or at a car).

1 minute ago, knppel said:

I've adapted to this, obviously- but even with 40 donator clothing slots, I can't prepare every outfit I use with and without gloves, nor change them dynamically (As I need to either be inside an interior or at a car).

I only use gloves on one outfit, which is my crime outfit. I mean, when you already need another outfit slot for gloves, why not just also make an outfit that slips the hood of the hoodie up? Get creative with outfits. The torso limitation isnt hurting anyone.

Something I really disliked to see is that they removed the /outfit [index], where you could change it everywhere.

• mj2002 locked this topic