More realism for /examine

OCama

Short description: This addition/edit of a command would make doing /examine more realistic by making you guess the persons age, height, weight, etc.

Detailed description: Doing /examine would make you have to guess the age, height and weight of a person before it tells you. Doing /examine (and a persons ID) would show a menu saying something along the lines of "What do you think their age might be?" and then there would be a textbox so you can input what their age might bye, this would add more realism to how people act/roleplay their age, weight or height. The questions would be the same for the height and weight but not the age appearance or the distinctive features (or the rest if people decide to add others). Once you at least got close to the persons age, height or weight it would tell you but if not then it would be like a safe, making you either have to stop or retry. (For admins or staff it could just tell them straight away unless they want a challenge and they could just do "/examinestaff" which would only work for staff.)

Commands to add: /examinestaff

Items to add: Menu prompts for /examine.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would make people not be able to just outright act like you are an old, fat or tall person even if you don't look like it so it would just add realism.

Additional information: I get that since it's kind of an OOC thing it shouldn't have that much to it BUT it is telling you IC info so it shouldn't just tell people your attributes.

Edited by Ricky Hernandez

The examine is literally for you to have an idea of how that person looks. The /examine already shows a range for their age not displaying the actual age. Now for height and weight it has to most definitely be there since all characters are the same height and they are all fit as standard. Unless you use a ped model. It would be a headache trying to figure one's attributes when all look the same.

3 hours ago, Ricky Hernandez said:

Short description: This addition/edit of a command would make doing /examine more realistic by making you guess the persons age, height, weight, etc.

Detailed description: Doing /examine would make you have to guess the age, height and weight of a person before it tells you. Doing /examine (and a persons ID) would show a menu saying something along the lines of "What do you think their age might be?" and then there would be a textbox so you can input what their age might bye, this would add more realism to how people act/roleplay their age, weight or height. The questions would be the same for the height and weight but not the age appearance or the distinctive features (or the rest if people decide to add others). Once you at least got close to the persons age, height or weight it would tell you but if not then it would be like a safe, making you either have to stop or retry. (For admins or staff it could just tell them straight away unless they want a challenge and they could just do "/examinestaff" which would only work for staff.)

Commands to add: /examinestaff

Items to add: Menu prompts for /examine.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would make people not be able to just outright act like you are an old, fat or tall person even if you don't look like it so it would just add realism.

Additional information: I get that since it's kind of an OOC thing it shouldn't have that much to it BUT it is telling you IC info so it shouldn't just tell people your attributes.

You can already do this lol.... I have done it before just do something like this.

[Age] He/she looks to be in his mid 30's aging would be visible. 

[Height] He/she appears to stand at about 5'10.
[Tattoo] He/she has gang related tattoos covering their full body.

[Clothes] He/she wears a fake watch on the left arm, as well as an adidas sports t-shirt.

You get the point, don't be lazy you don't need a mechanic for everything this being one of them.

As an LEO roleplayer, I interact with a LOT of players and use /ex sooo often. I do it everytime I come across a player as it determines how my character will interact with them.

My character isn't going to treat a 15 year old the same as he'd treat a 50 year old. I don't think anyone should have to play a minigame in order to find someone's approximate age and appearance.

The purpose of /ex (afaik) is to show attributes that can't be conveyed through a ped model given the limitations of the game. It's important this can be done, just as though in real life we look at someone and can instantly gauge their appearance, approximate age and approximate weight.

• mj2002 locked this topic