House Market

Gazzeh

1. How come has house market been inflated to such unbelievable levels that houses in high crime area are worth over a mil?

2. Why has the house market been put behind an application wall where selected few people can decide who can or cannot own a house?

3. Why are average houses behind an application wall, instead of just having mansions and farms behind that wall.

4. Wouldn't opening the house market do good for economy, so people would be unable to flip properties for two times the profit. 

1. That's false. There's a limit of 3x the base price of a house + the cost of furniture. A 75k house in Davis can be sold for $225,000. Which is still a lot but that's supply and demand for you.

2. The only part of the property system behind a request is for unique properties which might suit a specific character but would harm realism to release to everyone (Mansions in the hills, etc)

3. They're not. You might find one or two random houses out in the county that are still unowned and can be requested but they're in low traffic areas and I'm positive any reasonably fitting character would be granted them if they asked

4. I don't know what this means. There are limits in place to prevent this already on any serious scale. You have to wait two weeks after buying a house to re-sell it and it's against property rules to sell a request house to anyone. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sush said:

2. The only part of the property system behind a request is for unique properties which might suit a specific character but would harm realism to release to everyone (Mansions in the hills, etc)

Wrong. They have taken two story-houses in Mirror Park and set them to $1 when in the past they were open market, I know this because OP owned one of the houses in the past.

7 minutes ago, Sush said:

1. That's false. There's a limit of 3x the base price of a house + the cost of furniture. A 75k house in Davis can be sold for $225,000. Which is still a lot but that's supply and demand for you.

3. They're not. You might find one or two random houses out in the county that are still unowned and can be requested but they're in low traffic areas and I'm positive any reasonably fitting character would be granted them if they asked

4. I don't know what this means. There are limits in place to prevent this already on any serious scale. You have to wait two weeks after buying a house to re-sell it and it's against property rules to sell a request house to anyone. 

1. House in Vespucci canals can have an MP of 850k = 2.55mil + furniture and that are is crippled by crime.

2.If a specific character wants a specific house am sure he'd be able to buy it 

3. Why do I need to have a fitting character, if I already got the money. It's money that my character was able to make thanks to the ways this server offers. Noone should dictate how you can and can't use the money you've earned.

1&4.Noone would buy a house in Davis for 225k if there were more houses available for common folk to buy.

If you want a character that does poor RP have less money, make him earn less money.

Edited by Gazzeh
4 minutes ago, BobBob said:

Wrong. They have taken two story-houses in Mirror Park and set them to $1 when in the past they were open market, I know this because OP owned one of the houses in the past.

So did he hit the inactivity limit or something? Having your house seized from you without compensation would be the easiest admin report of all time. This thread feels like an emotional response to one thing that happened to one guy one time.

Oh, edit also:

Why do I need to have a fitting character, if I already got the money. It's money that my character was able to make thanks to the ways this server offers. Noone should dictate how you can and can't use the money you've earned.

Lol. 

Edited by Sush
Just now, Sush said:

So did he hit the inactivity limit or something? Having your house seized from you without compensation would be the easiest admin report of all time. This thread feels like an emotional response to one thing that happened to one guy one time.

No, he sold it because he wanted a smaller house. This has nothing to do with someone recently losing their house, it's about the fact that the server is so controlling over the very limited house market, I personally don't care about owning a large house, I sold my own one to move into a smaller house more fitting to my character. The thread to me is about the fact that they hold onto the house market so much that instead of trying to make it a fair playing ground for everyone they actually instead ruin it. 

If they were to let go of the houses in Mirror Park, Vespucci and Chumas (the ones by the beach) it would instantly help the flow of houses being sold overall, I fully support their decision to keep mansions and farms behind an app because that makes sense to me, but middle-class houses and upper middle-class shouldn't be behind an app. And yes, I count Vespucci as middle-upper middle due to the insane crime rate there.

Hopefully that cleared up my brief response, I have no bias in this discussion as me nor OP has lost a house and trying to vent about it. It's simply just a thread in regards to the house market in general.

1 minute ago, Gazzeh said:

(SPECULATION) This thread is about how and why is PM keeping house market inflated.

I'm curious what that means. Apart from letting 12 year olds buy houses in the Vinewood hills I don't see how any of these solutions could fix things. (There's nothing wrong anyway but I digress). 

I found out where this thread is coming from:

The house applications exist so we can be sure to give those unique and expensive properties to people who actually, genuinely wish to roleplay around them. If you somehow roleplay a mechanic that became a millionaire from putting spoilers on some random sportscars, or say from passive income you have gained over a few months, I of course will not give you a house that's worth over a million.

I personally put the house in the Mirror Park Cul-De-Sac to be unownable so myself and the rest of Property Management admins make sure it goes into the hands of someone who is going to utilize the house for roleplay, and not simply for the sake of having one.

This is exactly the mentality we're trying to avoid: 

3. Why do I need to have a fitting character, if I already got the money. It's money that my character was able to make thanks to the ways this server offers. Noone should dictate how you can and can't use the money you've earned.

The "3x limit" was necessary to stop houses from going over the top with pricing. I agree some houses are expensive, but I still believe they would've been even more expensive had the limit not been put in.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Bombie said:

The "3x limit" was necessary to stop houses from going over the top with pricing. I agree some houses are expensive, but I still believe they would've been even more expensive had the limit not been put in.

To be honest, I even think the 3x is a bit much, perhaps it should be more or less depending on the market value? Like.. let's say a house has a MP of $200,000 or less then it should have the 3x, but if it's above that it should be 2x? I'm just thinking for the sake of keeping the house prices somewhat realistic.

• mj2002 locked this topic