Faction Alt Rule (ILLEGAL FACTIONS)

marbella mondays

7 minutes ago, Vindus said:

I don't personally mind the rule, I guess it exists for FM to monitor factions. I've personally requested an alt myself and it was very easy to do. Then again, I wouldn't mind it not being a rule either but I can see why FM would want it like that, so they can ensure that factions can survive without the use of alts and control the amounts of alts being used in illegal factions. I don't really disagree or agree with the rule but I think I understand why it is a rule. 

While it is true that MG is already a rule, and you can report people for mixing info between characters. I guess with FM knowing about alts in factions, it might make their job easier if there is a conflict where someone has used more than one character. Either way, I don't think the rule is a big deal, seems a majority of illegal roleplayers wants it removed though, so maybe that's the way to go. 

So how about we just inform them that a new character is being created instead of having to wait for them to approve it?

1 minute ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

So how about we just inform them that a new character is being created instead of having to wait for them to approve it?

Seems like 99.9% of people here want it gone, and honestly so do I. The only time FM really need to know alt characters, is during a CK war... and as it is already, they already ask for all characters involved and all characters of said character's UCP.

4 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Don't quote me on this but I don't really think anyone has been denied from making an alt for their fac. When I requested it, I pretty much did exactly that. I informed a member of IFM that I made an alt and the reasons for it. I think it's obvious the rule exists for a reason, is the reason good enough to limit factions? I don't know, We'll have to wait and see if IFM responds to this thread but there has to be a reason for the rule as the rule is rather "new". 

My personal opinion is that I don't really care. I would never have several alts in the same faction and I don't understand why people do it but some people like having four characters in the same faction, I don't think that should be against the rules though, it's just lame. 

Edited by Vindus
  • Upvote 2
  • Bospy locked this topic