Furniture Move/Rotation Speed

xanx

Furniture Move/Rotation Speed

Short description: Change the furniture move/rotation speeds.

Detailed description: Change the current furniture move/rotation speeds from the rather arbitrary values to useful and easy to scroll through speeds. There should only be a couple of base values it uses like the following:

20, 10, 5, 2.5, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05, 0.01.

Any values in between can be additive or subtractive, meaning that if you move an object 0.2 and then 0.1, you moved it 0.3 units in total.

The secondary portion of this suggestion would be to separate both the move and rotation speeds. As a person who does a lot of math quite regularly, I'd prefer to see appropriate values for the rotation of objects which make more mathematical sense:

Angle speeds in degrees: 270, 180, 90, 60, 45, 22.5, 20, 11.25, 10, 5, 2.5, 1, 0.5.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

In my honest opinion, the mapping process would be greatly increased in speed if there was no need to mash your pageup or pagedown keys to go through so many pointless values of speed for the rotation and moving of objects. This suggestion would improve mapping overall as it would allow for more precision when mapping on a very small scale where for example you're attempting to line up walls perfectly to avoid overlaps or gaps. The units you move a certain object by will not be shifted off the unit grid by random values like 0.01 as you're trying to scroll to a more appropriate speed.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by xanx
  • Upvote 4

I've seen another server in development (on RAGE MP) with mapping functions exactly like SA:MP where you can move objects/furniture however you like and without great difficulty of inputting values, etc. That method would be much easier to work with and would be much preferred, otherwise if it can't be done over here, this would be the next best thing. A good suggestion overall.

Edited by Justitiae
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Justitiae said:

I've seen another server in development (on RAGE MP) with mapping functions exactly like SA:MP where you can move objects/furniture however you like and without great difficulty of inputting values, etc. That method would be much easier to work with and would be much preferred, otherwise if it can't be done over here, this would be the next best thing. A good suggestion overall.

do you mean with the axis and stuff? Because that'd be amazing.

11 hours ago, xanx said:

The secondary portion of this suggestion would be to separate both the move and rotation speeds. As a person who does a lot of math quite regularly, I'd prefer to see appropriate values for the rotation of objects which make more mathematical sense:

Angle speeds in degrees: 270, 180, 90, 60, 45, 22.5, 20, 11.25, 10, 5, 2.5, 1, 0.5.

Full support. Separating and making rotation speeds appropriate values would help tremendously and would remove a lot of trial and error when trying to get certain angles on walls, etc. Overall great suggestion, would improve speed and accuracy of mapping alike.

I completely agree with this suggestion, excluding the part about the changes to rotation speeds. In my opinion, it would be a better addition to allow for several sharp rotations to be made at once. Sharp rotations are much more useful in getting those 'angles' that you're talking about, but the amount of button spamming you need to do for say, a 180 degree rotation in any direction is ridiculous.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:41 PM, xanx said:

Detailed description: Change the current furniture move/rotation speeds from the rather arbitrary values to useful and easy to scroll through speeds. There should only be a couple of base values it uses like the following:

20, 10, 5, 2.5, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05, 0.01.

I completely agree with the numbers in this suggestion. It would make scrolling through the speeds so much easier, basically negate the need for Home and End AND get rid of the entire move-speed work around that you need to do to fix texture flickering, currently.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:41 PM, xanx said:

In my honest opinion, the mapping process would be greatly increased in speed if there was no need to mash your pageup or pagedown keys to go through so many pointless values of speed for the rotation and moving of objects

But I do want to point out that there is a way to scroll through the current speeds by holding the Home and End keys. It would be nice to add that into the mapping keybinding directory as a separate function so it's more noticeable, though. You can also press [ and ] to jump to the current minimum and maximum speed values of 20 and .2

• mj2002 locked this topic