Furniture system requires guns/drugs present for objects

Sam2

19 minutes ago, Kaxo said:

I don't see why you should have to have a working firearm to hang a replica from the wall though. 

I know that this is anecdotal and not a 100% objective counter argument, but never in my life have I walked into someone’s home and seen a replica firearm hanging on a wall. And FWIW I live in the US.  

Just now, u10sil said:

I know that this is anecdotal and not a 100% objective counter argument, but never in my life have I walked into someone’s home and seen a replica firearm hanging on a wall. And FWIW I live in the US.  

Well shit, if that's the case why don't we just remove firearm models from the furniture system all together? 

I know gun laws vary state by state, but is it even legal in say California for you to hang a REAL, WORKING firearm from the wall? Does it not need to be stored in a safe, locked location?

1 hour ago, Kaxo said:

Well shit, if that's the case why don't we just remove firearm models from the furniture system all together? 

I know gun laws vary state by state, but is it even legal in say California for you to hang a REAL, WORKING firearm from the wall? Does it not need to be stored in a safe, locked location?

AFAIK unless you have kids in the house you aren't required to lock them.

On topic: A problem I can see with keeping the gun props is that, if the cops come, they're replicas, but if they get into heat, they'll RP running and grabbing those guns that were apparently replicas before. And it wouldn't be feasible to report this as it's very unlikely that you would see them do both RPs.

1 hour ago, Kaxo said:

Because they can be useful in representing actual firearms which are stored in the property...?

Edited by u10sil

Couple reasons against this:

These items are useful for many other prop/decorative reasons. Some stocks on certain guns are actively used by mappers for cabinet/drawer handles. Cocaine/table powder for sand in fishtanks/terrariums. There are many other visual uses for these things. Also, an update like this would make certain custom-mapped gun stores/ranges/airsoft arenas to need the actual item in the inventory if they wanted to have the furniture piece. This creates more problems than it solves.

Furniture items should remain free for creative use.

Edited by Havana
  • Upvote 3

Havana sums it up pretty well, and I understand the frustration that comes with it when police raid houses or for people who are breaking into properties, but that'd mean some mapping being lost because of this change should it go through.

Edited by Bombie
typo
21 hours ago, Havana said:

Couple reasons against this:

These items are useful for many other prop/decorative reasons. Some stocks on certain guns are actively used by mappers for cabinet/drawer handles. Cocaine/table powder for sand in fishtanks/terrariums. There are many other visual uses for these things. Also, an update like this would make certain custom-mapped gun stores/ranges/airsoft arenas to need the actual item in the inventory if they wanted to have the furniture piece. This creates more problems than it solves.

Furniture items should remain free for creative use.

20 hours ago, Bombie said:

Havana sums it up pretty well, and I understand the frustration that comes with it when police raid houses or for people who are breaking into properties, but that'd mean some mapping being lost because of this change should it go through.

What do you say to an alternative to this suggestion which I offered previously, quoted below?

On 6/4/2020 at 2:50 PM, u10sil said:

Instead of making this a script wise thing though, it could be a rule modification. All it would take is to make it considered power gaming to have furniture objects representing weapons/drugs that aren’t actually in the property. 

This would address both of your concerns. The weapon furniture objects being used as knobs/handles/etc don't actually represent weapons/drugs, and thus they are not a problem.

Edited by u10sil
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, u10sil said:

What do you say to an alternative to this suggestion which I offered previously, quoted below?

This would address both of your concerns. The weapon furniture objects being used as knobs/handles/etc don't actually represent weapons/drugs, and thus they are not a problem.

I thought of that, yeah! It does sound like a better, easier alternative for both. I'll see if I can bring it up to big PM overlord 

20 minutes ago, u10sil said:

Actually, sure, this works. 
though I still don’t think it should be enforced too harshly. I feel like most people who do this don’t leave all the furniture around out of malice. It probably just took them too much effort to place, to just remove it the exact second they don’t have it anymore. Specially if they don’t have the furniture slots to quickly add & remove it when they want.

Edited by Havana
  • mj2002 locked this topic