ID Cards for players

Short description: It's all about immersion and people tend to RP different ages so why not make it so characters actually have ages and not just use /do and change their character's age from situation to situation to bennefit themselves.

Detailed description: Whenever there's a new character made they should have an ID that states their name, age (that they set on character creation) and living adress (For those without rent or those who don't own a house should say Homeless (Not that any ID would say that but I think it would force people more into renting houses). 

And also a picture of their character, could be that you'd be stuck with your first character appearance, just like in real life so people really hate their ID picture, or not.

There should be a simple command that allows you to see your own ID card and a command to show someone else your ID card.

The IDs shouldn't be placed as items in your inventory or could be but make them impossible to steal because then we'd need to have a new LSPD section that only handles issuing ID Cards for people who lost them or got them stolen and that could take forever to script and get it rolling but I guess that could also be a part of the suggestion, I'm all in.

The characters should age something similiar to 1 year per month and for those who wouldn't like their characters to age at all there should be a command so their age just freezes in place because you can't really force someone to get their character up to 99 years old and CK.

Here's an example of how the ID card could look.

qKjQnBx.png

Commands to add: /showid [ID] /myid /freezeage

Items to add: Some GUI, I'm sure there's enough graphic designers around that could come up with something really good.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would stop people from powergaming their age and change it from day to day plus it could also prove that underaged roleplayers are actually underage IC.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by dumbydasexy

I don't generally think forcing ID cards on people is a good idea, California itself doesn't have any legal requirement to hold a specific ID card (most people use a drivers license when need be) and the ageing up will result in characters ageing up at different rates en-masse rather than the limited amount that's currently done so. The current system is fine - if someone can prove someone is abusing their characters age, it should be taken through reports, not scripts. 

Edited by HaveADream
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HaveADream said:

I don't generally think forcing ID cards on people is a good idea, California itself doesn't have any legal requirement to hold a specific ID card (most people use a drivers license when need be) and the ageing up will result in characters ageing up at different rates en-masse rather than the limited amount that's currently done so. The current system is fine - if someone can prove someone is abusing their characters age, it should be taken through reports, not scripts. 

Honestly I don't see how "FORCING ID CARDS" is something bad, like you are not actually forced IRL to have one.

On your second point, the ageing is CLEARLY on player's choice read through my suggestion again please.

Also, where does the driving license IG show the age? I must've missed it.

If you think the current system (*Whispers* There's no system just a useage of /do's) is better then this then there's no point trying to change your mind ? 

Edited by dumbydasexy

This is something that I wanted to suggest myself for about a month now but I just never thought it'll be needed. A few things to add on top of your suggestion is to make IDs possible to steal because if somebody gets killed, the one who killed him can take his ID so the police can't identify him, if not, the police will. If somebody dies and his ID was found in the possession of another person, that could help in investigative roleplay and in finding the killer. If somebody dies, they should automatically get a new ID, but if somebody loses their ID ICly, they should get another one at the police station, which would also create some RP for LSPD's civilian staff.

Mandatory ID isn't the default in the United States. Just let underage characters rp having school ID or something, it's not necessary to add script for it at all.

If someone does "my license says I'm 15" it's very obviously powergaming...

Edited by arrdef
  • mj2002 locked this topic