Raise the price of renting a vehicle

Fernando

Renting a vehicle that lets you go anywhere at any of the rental car places costs you $100.

Here's a few reasons why it's totally wrong and needs to be updated:

• Average price of a beer in the server is $100
  • New players get $5,000 every hour
  • You pay about 4 times the price of a rental car to enter a nightclub
  • Taking a taxi for a trip across the city costs you way more than renting a car (makes no sense)

I think that's enough said.

I think the new price for a rental should be around $1,000 - $3,000 depending on the vehicle.

The new price is up for discussion in the comments below.

Pros:

- People who cannot resort to driving their own vehicle will use taxis to get around and interact with other people (RP+)

- Less people will get rentals to troll around, commit crimes or for other unrealistic reasons

- It'll be up to GTA World's economy

Cons:

?

Edited by Fernando
  • Upvote 2

Nervous did modify the system so people with 10 or less hours are the only ones who can rent. That does help but yes I agree the pricing should still be changed.

What about a mileage based charge? I’ve seen that in other instances of GTA on Rage. Could probably even use the same basic concept of the taxi script, just where it’s auto set and can’t be changed. When you leave the car for a certain amount of time, it despawns the car and charges you automatically. 

Edited by Kestalas

In all honesty these rental vehicles are just a way to get around for new players while they're familiarizing themselves with the server. I don't think we should tax them heavier keeping them away from owning assets like a small and cheap vehicle.. or their very first appartment. We all know how exciting those first moments in a server are.

5 minutes ago, Bas said:

In all honesty these rental vehicles are just a way to get around for new players while they're familiarizing themselves with the server. I don't think we should tax them heavier keeping them away from owning assets like a small and cheap vehicle.. or their very first appartment. We all know how exciting those first moments in a server are.

If you’re feeling lucky, I would even suggest to go as far as to limit the NPC rental system to something like a Faggio Sport. It’s fast enough for new players to get around in the short term, but not fast enough to be able to abuse and cause troubles with the police.

This could encourage the opening for player-owned rental companies in the future for both legal and illegal RP purposes, but with more accountability than an NPC rental with no risk to people who want to use it for less than legal reasons. 

Edited by Kestalas
22 minutes ago, Bas said:

Tax them heavier? The price is literally too low. Anything else they might want to do on the server will cost them more than $100...

I think the 10 hour limit is a real improvement, but agree that an increase woukd make users think twice about trying an RP business over just taking a rental. It's a bit like trucking where you always get a better deal from a company over the rental 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Jankara said:

I think the 10 hour limit is a real improvement, but agree that an increase woukd make users think twice about trying an RP business over just taking a rental. It's a bit like trucking where you always get a better deal from a company over the rental 

What if they turned the NPC rental choices into something like a Faggio Sport? It sounds silly, but they are quick enough to get around town and they serve their purpose which is to help new players get around. Then this opens up opportunities for people that prefer a car, either through a taxi or a player owned car rental company. Taxis have definitely become more readily available with the pay change, so it’s not so hard to get one now. 

Edited by Kestalas
  • mj2002 locked this topic