Faction vehicle logs

stringer

Short description: Add faction vehicle logs

Detailed description: Basically adding the /lastincar for faction members and also having a log on the UCP showing what vehicles was taken, by who and when.

Commands to add: Last in car

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Would give more flexibility to faction vehicles.

Additional information: Fist few comments are from before the suggestion changed to logs only.

Edited by Rozi

A practical example of this feature would be like this. In the future at AutoHub we plan to have multiple branches of the company, not only used vehicle sales. In that case, we would like to have the players working in that specific branch to have access to their own specific vehicles in the faction garage and not to the vehicles of other branches.

I also came up with a better idea from my other faction-realted suggestion. You can give access to vehicles from a specific rank up, to a specific rank and to a specific player.

• A specific rank up (E.g. from rank 5, everyone can use Torrence plated ABC)
  • A specific rank (E.g. from rank 5 everyone can use that Torrence, but rank 3 also can also use it.
  • A specific faction member (E.g. rank 5 and up can use the Torrence, rank 3 can also use it, but John_Doe can also use the Torrence, no matter what rank he is).

Also, /fvehkey rank none revokes all vehicle keys.

9 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Lol you dont need a script for this. You can just RP they not having access to the key locker for said vehicle and take it IC.

I know, and that is feasible in a faction like PD. But without vehicle logs for factions, how do I know a guy I invited is not taking cars that he doesn't have the keys to?

Edited by Rozi
  • Developer

You should be able to trust your members to follow rules and OOC RP rules. If they IC do not have access to a vehicle they cannot take it out. Its common sense and PG if they do not follow the rules.

You really dont need us to spend hours into making a script to force vehicle usage on someone while they instead should RP properly on a heavy RP server.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

You should be able to trust your members to follow rules and OOC RP rules. If they IC do not have access to a vehicle they cannot take it out. Its common sense and PG if they do not follow the rules.

You really dont need us to spend hours into making a script to force vehicle usage on someone while they instead should RP properly on a heavy RP server.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but for companies and stuff hiring people that trust is not always there. At least it would be nice to have garage logs on the ucp.