Topic Holders

Davis

Hey everyone, this suggestion is short and sweet. I think that players, whether they are staff or not, should have the ability to moderate personal forums. Some examples are screenshot threads or faction threads. I feel it would aid the staff team, especially when the server grows in numbers. I also think it makes sense to let the topic holder moderate what he wants posted on his thread and what he doesn't want posted on his thread.

What do you think?

I am not against this, as long as it's restricted to a subset of the forums that it would make sense in as you said. For example a person could be able to moderate their own thread in the Faction or Advertisement sub forums to delete posts aimed at flaming or lowballing bids.

But they should not be able to moderate a thread they create in sub forums like General Discussions or Suggestions because we don't want to turn those into a place where people can be censored for disagreeing with the OP.

Edited by MalteseWolf
Re read and noticed you did clarify only in some forums
10 hours ago, MalteseWolf said:

I am not against this, as long as it's restricted to a subset of the forums that it would make sense in as you said. For example a person could be able to moderate their own thread in the Faction or Advertisement sub forums to delete posts aimed at flaming or lowballing bids.

But they should not be able to moderate a thread they create in sub forums like General Discussions or Suggestions because we don't want to turn those into a place where people can be censored for disagreeing with the OP.

9 hours ago, TimAYLOR said:

Yes, as long it can be configured for own thread / your faction thread only.

Like I said, It would only apply it to the factions section (advertisements was a good example as well) and the screenshot gallery. Because those are personal and players should have control over how they want to be represented to the community!

And also I forgot to ask, is this even possible to configure from a dev standpoint @Justus @Doakes ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...