Contract Towing for PD & City.

Planters80mm

Hi everyone,

I just recently started a small business for towing and recovery and in the future I plan to purchase a garage. On previous role-play server I've been, Police and city owned and operated tow-trucks and impound yards. Which realistically makes no sense at all. Never in my life have I seen or heard of a police officer driving a tow-truck.

Not only does it makes no sense, it adds a burden on both factions forcing them to maybe role-play something that they do not want, or do not have the ability to role-play. Most players don't know how to properly role-play as a towman. It's not just /me hooks the hook to the car, there's more to it but that's another subject.

I strongly believe that having private companies running impound yards and having contracts with the city of Los Santos and the local law enforcement agencies would benefit the server. Of course you'd have to prove that you know how to properly role-play and manage and impound yard. Of course we'd need some scripted impound lots and give the ability for the owner of towing contracts to /vpark the impounded vehicles. Of course it should be surrounded by strict rules to make sure it's not abused in any ways. As for the impound lots I don't think they should be protected by invisible barriers meaning someone should be able to role-play freeing his vehicles out of the yard.  I've seen that happen in real life couple times, only difference is if someone manages to free his vehicle a warrant is then put on the plate of the vehicle for a misdemeanor like trespassing and other minor charges.

For contracts, I'd like to think that there would be three types of contracts. The first contract being for the City of Los Santos, only for illegally parked vehicles and for the city's own broken down cars. The second contract would be for the LSPD within the city of Los Santos for accidents, car seizing or if they need a car towed before it's investigated by the CSI team. The third one would be for all of the counties outside of Los Santos. A company could only be given a maximum of two contracts (Unless there's no one else applying for contracts). The way you'd receive a contract would be with an application you'd send to the city or PD. In the application  process you'd need to prove that you are serious about towing and that you can properly role-play. Contracts would expire after six months (Could be changed to 3 months if needed).  If a police officer decide that the vehicle is seized for 7 days, it can only be retrieved after seven days or whatever amount of time is decided. This wouldn't apply for parking.

I've talked about the possibility of freeing your vehicle from an impound lot, well the gate could be able to be lock-picked with a script or with admin permission. It would also enable some possible bribery between factions and towing companies  allowing them to remove evidence and whatnot before it's send to the LSPD with high risk for the tow-truck operator.

As for fees, they would be regulated in the contract that way you wouldn't pay 10k in towing fees. Since the money would all be sent to the owners, the city wouldn't lose a single dollar to pay the tow-trucks since they'd make their money from the actual job making it a win-win situation.

I tried to keep this as short and simple as possible.

What do you guys think?

I am currently working with City Officers JoeWarner and Mecovy who head up the Treasury and Engineering offices, respectively. We're implementing a city contracting system that would hire X company to provide X services for X amount of time. It's a little more complicated than that, but just know there will be several ways for players to start companies and be paid for doing work that's historically been done by the government on other servers. So yes, towing, impounding, security, and so on can be done by private companies. This way players aren't solely relying on grinding script jobs - they can actually RP something and get paid.

So just keep your eyes peeled and follow this section for the coming updates. https://gov.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=84

And if anybody has a suggestion or something they'd like to see, you're more than welcome to talk to the our City Engineer, their department, or even myself.

Yeah, glad to hear Obzen. I just hope that players and not the city will own the impound yard/lots. I've never heard of a city actually owning the yard themselves.

Yes, I know I should approach the city and PD IC. But the reasons why I want actual application is that in real life they usually have bids for such contracts and have guidelines and regulations for prices to avoid abuse and possible lawsuits.

I'll message you OBzen do talk to you in a more detailed way anyways.

• Rukka locked this topic