Limiting stock of Vehicles available at Dealers.

Archix

Short description:

Adding a system that limits the car that are distributed in the non-player owner car and other vehicle dealerships such as aircraft and so on.

Detailed description:

So My suggestion goes as follows. I play currently on a Dayz RP server and they have this loot system which I think brings more reality to the game.
For GTA I have this suggestion of limiting the number of vehicles been able to be bought from Dealers.

A good example is Elegy Retro and Sentinel Classic. Those cars would not be sold in dealers at all in modern-day and age and they can only be acquired from players that are selling them. So basically Example would be like Comet SR there would be only 20 Cars in dealers when people buy them out there is no other way of acquiring the car except for buying it offhand. I think this will promote the Roleplay regarding buy and sell vehicles and in general, we won't have to deal with every single person buying then new vehicle when it is introduced in the update of GTA or sorts. So if there's a new car you will start seeing them more and more cause people to sell their existing cars or scrap them and go to dealers and just buy the car they want without any roleplay at all of how they got the money for it or where it came from.

Also, a good addition to the Limited certain vehicle stock would be an ability to buy a car on a car loan system maybe but that's jumping way ahead of time I think with this kind of limited stock option people will value more their own cars. It will provide good grounds for player-owned dealerships to thrive cause for example if all Annis Elegy Retro RH8 is sold out and the only way to buy them is offhand of some other player bringing roleplay to the two parties involved. Such as people can roleplay going for a test drive checking the vehicle's condition millage and such. Or for example, a dealership opens and a person is searching for a Sentinel Classic which is not available straight from dealers and he finds it there he can interact with the dealership and provide roleplay to the dealership that is owned by a player and that has stock of certain cars. But this system should be really thought out as in don't limit all cars. Maybe just focus on more like Exotic vehicles I will give you examples.
Annis Kawaii
Annis Retro Elegy RH8

Bravado Gauntlet Classic.
Ubermacht Sentinel Classic XS

Ubermacht Zion Classic.
Cause realistically if someone wants to buy a certain car that's not sold at the dealers that is the older car they would need to so to speak hunt it down until he finds out promoting roleplay of searching for the vehicle and not just having enough money to go and buy one off dealers. Cause if you buy a Zion Classic and it has no Miles on it makes absolutely no sense because that car's age is from the 1980's it should have some millage on it the less milage the more probability of a good condition car maybe? Also, there could be a leeway into the system for example if a...person scraps the car it can rotate back into the stock of a dealership or even if a person has an unwanted car they can use it as trade it to buy a new vehicle on a loan application or something similar. There's just a big world of possibilities that this system would bring in the future.

Commands to add:

None

Items to add:

A system that would limit the cars that are displaced in the server in the stock non-player owned dealerships such as Noun Motors and others.

Making the car aspect of buy and sell more roleplay influenced rather than just having money and going to a dealership where car is and buying it with no miles on it.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

it would improve the buy and sell aspect of cars, also enable the player car dealerships to be worth visiting, Limiting high-end sports cars on the streets of the city.

Additional information:

Sorry for the long read but I think this system would only benefit the roleplay experience of buy and sell cars and dealerships.

Edited by Archix

With all honesty this suggestion of limit certain cars amount is very nice, but you encounter the issue of players who bought said vehicle not being active at all for what ever reason thus taking up one car that could be used by an active player. Meaning you limit the amount of those cars even further. I don't agree with this suggestion fully.

I have seen a system similar to this on another server several years ago and the only thing that caused it was a gigantic inflation, for example, an FCR900 went from 900K to 5 million, here it would happen the same, just as it happened when houses were limited.

• mj2002 locked this topic