Breaking into cars with different objects.

$CAR

Short description: Being able to break into vehicles with more than one object.

Detailed description: As most people know at the moment you're only able to gain access to vehicles by breaking into them with lockpicks. I feel this needs to be upgraded because there's plenty of different ways one can break into a car. The usage of hammers, wrenches, bats, knives and so forth should give you access to the /vbreakin command.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: Privileges of the /vbreakin command to certain melee weapons. 

How would your suggestion improve the server? Gives more people opportunities for criminal Roleplay and doesn't limit them to one object/item which is that of a lockpick and isn't a must-have when it comes to breaking into cars. We have a range of weapons to use, I personally think this would be a nice addition and I'm more than certain most people would agree.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 1

To be honest if I really was desperate I'd just find a rock and brake a window. Lockpicks aren't even compatible with most modern day cars because the modern day cars don't have key slots in the door handles as they used to. It's all done on keyfobs now. Another thing, lockpicks aren't really used to lockpick a cars door lock. There are different tools used to do that.

In regards to the suggestion though, sure, implement other weapons like batons, hammers, wrenches, pretty much any hard object that can be carried in hand for the use of breaking into cars, but the thing is, if you break a cars window, it's alarm goes off should it have one.

If they would bring back the old lock picking system it would be great, it was skilled based not  RNG based. But different ways of breaking in a car would be nice, but it would have to automatically pop a loud alarm otherwise what's the point of lock-picks. Or break the used weapon in the process.

Edited by Mattkov
  • mj2002 locked this topic