Greed equals demise.

Make most perks free from donator  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Counter offer... Maybe make Panda points more accessible. Have players be able to generate them regardless of whether they referred anyone or anything like that. Maybe 1 point per paycheck. Maybe lower the prices of certain things like walkstyles and pets, as well as increase how long they last. Sure you wouldn't have access all the time, but it lets people who play for free or on characters without their donator use their points to occasionally use these perks for free. Maybe even add options like walkstyles for 12 hours and make it really cheap. Then people could buy it as and when the RP calls for it. 

This'd probably help the server get more donations too. Where newbie players can see what's on offer and test it before paying real world money.

Also it'd be cool to see walkstyles get their own one off purchase for a character. Like wardrobe slots and furniture.

Edited by Supernova28
  • Upvote 3

GTA:W's monetization model is extremely, extremely tame compared to some other servers, specifically FiveM servers. On those, you have to pay upwards of 100 US dollars for a house or anything else, and they openly allow you to buy supercars with real life money. While I agree with some aspects here, and this is going to sound ironic coming from me, this thread kinda reeks of shit-stirring, just a little.

If you want an example? These servers literally have battlepasses, one of which costs $270 USD just to unlock. We have it good here. /bad being limited sucks and I'd love to see one-time purchase for walkstyles, but seriously man, it could be so much worse.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

As someone who fucking hates late stage capitalism, this server and its' features are one of those things that I could spend money on without feeling like I'm being totally cucked. Just a little bit. Like yeah, walkstyles and /bad should be free, but they won't be. We had that talk many times on the forum. There are some perks which are donator-only that should also be free, but for me it's mainly walkstyles and /bad. If there are any other changes I would personally like, that would be furniture pricing. Fuck's sake it's ridiculously expensive to get permanent slots. Probably on purpose so that you actually go for the packages, which is a smart move, but that one kinda pinches my ass cheeks if y'all know what I mean.

On a side note, I dunno if greed is an accurate accusation, apparently GTA World is under Ancad Studios, which is a non-profit. Now please correct me if this is wrong or things have changed. On another side note, if homie Nervous made a bit of bread off this server, I really wouldn't mind. Bro's got a child to raise and a server to run so we  can all ERP on it.

• Upvote 3

I think characterizing that as greed is unfair. Let the server make their money. And to be honest their monetization is pretty tame compared to the other Rage/FiveM and past SAMP servers I've seen. Also since we are going to throw around the word greed it works both ways. Greed is also wanting something for nothing. The way I think about it how much am I willing to pay for a brand new video game in exchange for the hours of entertainment I would get from it. I've gotten thousands of hours of entertainment from this server and to me its worth contributing financial to that. Walkstyles I get, /bad I understand the complaint but running a business isn't part of everyone's RP experience and nothing stops you from running a business without it. I understand the icon is incredibly helpful but I am fine with there being a carrot to incentivize donating. 

Edited by Power
  • Upvote 3
Posted (edited)

I appreciate everybody sharing their opinion!

While we do turn a blind eye to the things we should appreciate, we shouldn't settle for less either way.

IG business owners go through a lot IC and OOC for their business to possibly even still fail. 
Official businesses shouldn't be held limited by a paywall of €15,00 for a simple blip. It makes no sense. 

Everything else is subjective, but that ^^ right there is factual. That's literally milking it. That's people being taken advantage of. 

There should be a limit! 

And I completely understand the fact that some FiveM servers do worse, but this is not FiveM, ladies and gentleman. Our standard of roleplay is much higher, and so should our courtesy be. There's a reason we're over 800 players large. Do something more generous, and you'll see that number grow. Remember Panda Points? People were all over it! This is the exact same, but with a longer term vision.

Edited by FromHeavenWeArrived
  • Upvote 1

i'd explain why the server's current monetization system is fine but it seems everyone else beat me to it lol. 

walkstyles should be free, yeh. idk about /bad but at the end of the day it's rly not that big of a deal