Being able to see your radio frequencies and it's members

Detailed Description: 

As someone who has been roleplaying a security personnel (bouncer mostly) for past few years now, I have always been looking forward to improve the roleplay around it and guide/advice people about it. Since joining the community, I've landed a few ideas on my mind as well about improving the script. So, my character has been working within many venues recently, being associated with many companies that provide staff & security services. All that leads up to using different radio frequencies for different occasions.

First of all I'm very glad and find it useful that I can be connected on numerous radio frequencies at the same time. But what bothers me is that I can not see all the frequencies I'm in and it's members.

So I've had this idea on my mind for some time now and just decided to write about it. Basically a command that would let you see all the frequencies you're connected to and a different command to check it's members. Simply, sometimes I just forget all the frequencies I'm connected to and which is used for which occasion. Also if I want to share it to a new worker/friend so they can join as well, I have to type something in order to get the frequency number on sight.

Relevant Commands/Items: 

/myfreq(uencies) - Displays a list of the frequencies your character is connected to in format (EXAMPLE): [1] [123456] [NAME OF THE CHANNEL/FREQUENCY] - [1] being slot, [123456] being frequency number itself and [NAME] being the name as stated as I have seen when you try to connect to the frequency it says either a freq number or the name.

/freqm(embers) [slot] - Displays a list of members within the selected slot/(checked) frequency. This one may even be more important, why? Because let's say I'm starting a small company and I want to communicate easier with my workers, just as every other company does. There's no such command to register/lease a radio frequency, so you pretty much just go and set a random one. But what if it's used by someone else already? I wouldn't be at ease knowing (not knowing) if someone else is there and is literally just reading (listening) to us whatever we speak or simply there's another small company (group of people) using it.

How will it benefit the server? 

I personally like to keep the track of many things and like to keep my things organised and tidy. Also I like to know who can see (ICly hear) what we speak.

It would benefit members of LEO factions, legal companies (transport & security mostly) and staff teams within catering branch.

In all of this we could also add a possibility to lease/buy a certain frequency, just as it was a case on the previous community I have played on. You'd /buyfrequency (for example) and type a desired number of the frequency after, if it's already bought out? You pick different numerals. Therefore there can't be any missunderstanding at all. Addition to this could be adding a password/hash in order to join the frequency so not everyone can join any frequency by typing in random numbers and end up trolling/abusing in there.

Why all of this? Because in real life, except for maybe LEO factions, majority of these earpieces are bluetooth or whatever connected (especially bigger handsfree devices) and users are actually having a certain app installed on their phones and are logged in there in certain audio channels.

Edited by Valentin_Kasparov
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Valentin_Kasparov said:

/myfreq(uencies) - Displays a list of the frequencies your character is connected to in format (EXAMPLE): [1] [123456] [NAME OF THE CHANNEL/FREQUENCY] - [1] being slot, [123456] being frequency number itself and [NAME] being the name as stated as I have seen when you try to connect to the frequency it says either a freq number or the name.

You're already able to do that via /rhelp, it lists all the frequencies you're connected to.

(If that's what you mean.)

The other command, I think some people may find it Metagame-y to see the connected members to a said frequency, unless you're character is an administrator or a moderator of that frequency.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Hendrixx20 said:

You're already able to do that via /rhelp, it lists all the frequencies you're connected to.

(If that's what you mean.)

The other command, I think some people may find it Metagame-y to see the connected members to a said frequency, unless you're character is an administrator or a moderator of that frequency.

Woah, shouldn't /rhelp command then be listed in /help > Phone/Radio category? I wouldn't have opened the topic.

And yes, I knew someone would right away say it'd be a metagame, so I also had a thought about it being an option maybe to the supervisors. But there is no supervisors really right? Everyone can set a frequency and join.

Also, I stated in the last part how it is realistically and why it shouldn't be labeled as MG right away.

Other than what wasy said with /rhelp (which you can find if you go to "O" -> Commands) I'd recommend you build a routine of changing your frequency every so often. It might be an OOC pain but its a simpler solution to a script at the moment.

20 hours ago, Hendrixx20 said:

Its also a bit unrealistic. How are you supposed to be able to see who is tuned into these frequencies? Due to the design of the technology, you essentially can't know who is listening. Nevermind the metagaming problems with giving out names of characters who are connected. Through which method would that make sense?

• Developer
23 hours ago, Valentin_Kasparov said:

Detailed Description: 

As someone who has been roleplaying a security personnel (bouncer mostly) for past few years now, I have always been looking forward to improve the roleplay around it and guide/advice people about it. Since joining the community, I've landed a few ideas on my mind as well about improving the script. So, my character has been working within many venues recently, being associated with many companies that provide staff & security services. All that leads up to using different radio frequencies for different occasions.

First of all I'm very glad and find it useful that I can be connected on numerous radio frequencies at the same time. But what bothers me is that I can not see all the frequencies I'm in and it's members.

So I've had this idea on my mind for some time now and just decided to write about it. Basically a command that would let you see all the frequencies you're connected to and a different command to check it's members. Simply, sometimes I just forget all the frequencies I'm connected to and which is used for which occasion. Also if I want to share it to a new worker/friend so they can join as well, I have to type something in order to get the frequency number on sight.

Relevant Commands/Items: 

/freqm(embers) [slot] - Displays a list of members within the selected slot/(checked) frequency. This one may even be more important, why? Because let's say I'm starting a small company and I want to communicate easier with my workers, just as every other company does. There's no such command to register/lease a radio frequency, so you pretty much just go and set a random one. But what if it's used by someone else already? I wouldn't be at ease knowing (not knowing) if someone else is there and is literally just reading (listening) to us whatever we speak or simply there's another small company (group of people) using it.

How will it benefit the server? 

I personally like to keep the track of many things and like to keep my things organised and tidy. Also I like to know who can see (ICly hear) what we speak.

It would benefit members of LEO factions, legal companies (transport & security mostly) and staff teams within catering branch.

In all of this we could also add a possibility to lease/buy a certain frequency, just as it was a case on the previous community I have played on. You'd /buyfrequency (for example) and type a desired number of the frequency after, if it's already bought out? You pick different numerals. Therefore there can't be any missunderstanding at all. Addition to this could be adding a password/hash in order to join the frequency so not everyone can join any frequency by typing in random numbers and end up trolling/abusing in there.

Why all of this? Because in real life, except for maybe LEO factions, majority of these earpieces are bluetooth or whatever connected (especially bigger handsfree devices) and users are actually having a certain app installed on their phones and are logged in there in certain audio channels.

/rhelp to check your frequencies.

There will be no option to list members of the frequency as it will lead to a ton of MG.

• Upvote 2