Should we remove auto-bail for felonies?

51 minutes ago, Jax said:

so you saying everything is ran in a timely manner? People don't need to wait over 2 months for a case to be forwarded and posted on the forums?

And that people aren't waiting over 13 real life days for their not guilty cases to be looked at?
And when the issues are brought up in the JSA discord about it, they don't just say "It's development for them". That doesn't happen?

I was Co-Leader for JSA for a good period and have been in JSA since about September 2020. I've worked with the current leader for years and Leaders going inactive is nothing new (not saying the current one is), they get pushed out not too long after if they are truly neglectful. The issue is JSA is perpetually understaffed and will probably always be. It won't change with new leadership. This server population is massive and the influx of cases is never ending. Active Judges are hard to find and the ones we can find often get burnt out over the massive influx of cases and warrants that come in, same with District Attorney's. I am currently an appellate Judge and for me to do an in-depth appellate decision I've spent 4+ hours on decisions multiple times diving into court precedent and doing research.

You can't expect systemic problems that exist in real life to be fixed when we are roleplaying that system. Court is slow in real life, trials can often take years. People are in and out of inactivity and you might have to wait days to get a response from someone. Say if we pushed out every lawyer, judge or prosecutor who took a few days to respond we would have no one in this system. I've played long enough to understand peoples playing habits are rarely sustained. They will have spurts of activity and them maybe after a few months become inactive or move on all together. Are you willing to dedicate a character slot to join JSA and help us with the load? 

Edited by Power

I think the auto bail system should stay as it is, but I think the bail amount should be decided by your income, or possibly increased. Some people roleplay their bank account; they're fifteen but they have 1.8million in the bank so a bail is nothing to them XD

On 3/11/2024 at 8:19 PM, Jax said:

so you saying everything is ran in a timely manner? People don't need to wait over 2 months for a case to be forwarded and posted on the forums?

And that people aren't waiting over 13 real life days for their not guilty cases to be looked at?
And when the issues are brought up in the JSA discord about it, they don't just say "It's development for them". That doesn't happen?

That's just what ends up happening when there's 15 judges and 15 prosecutors vs 600 LEOs that are out there making arrests, writing warrants etc. judges n prosecutors r people too, not wizards. not everyone wants to prosecute/judge 10+ cases simultaneously.

as much people join as leave, retention isn't plausible when it's a government faction function that requires a high amount of forum activity but doesn't come with a whole lot of fun opportunities/privileges (like LEOs that get near infinite amounts of in-game opportunities to RP). people burn out

then when we try and implement things that act as a band-aid and make it easier to get out of jail in more situations while waiting for trial, it gets stopped by staff

Edited by waterwings
  • Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Auto bail in general just had never sat right with me. But the reality is, most players will plea guilty even when they are innocent purely to avoid court rp. So it is what it is.

• Applaud 1