State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

My bad, it's a discussion. 

GTAW - Medium-Light RP server, though.

grand thefdt auto video game, though... if I wanted to play driving simulator I would just get in my car in real life.

36 minutes ago, DLimit said:

" think you need to do a little research. Happens all the time especially in big cities. Mostly at night its a huge problem especially with stolen cars. The penal codes allows for permanent seizure of vehicles, impoundings, the issue is people cycle through characters so much there traffic/criminal record never gets to a point where that happens."

Mostly along highways and side-streets. Doesn't happen in urban megacities packed with traffic. Doesn't happen as often as you make it out to be. I live in a megacity. You're really attempting to defend and justify people driving 100-125mph every single place that they travel, including regular civilians who aren't even engaged in vehicular theft, instead of just admitting that it is overdone and abused. For every vehicle that's stolen with a person driving 100-120mph, there's millions that don't. People speeding day and night, every single time that they enter a vehicle. To even compare LS to LA, at this point, is unnecessary as LS doesn't properly emulate Los Angeles in turns of crime rates and speeding vehicles. Hence, the vehicular laws shouldn't, either. They should be stricter.  Maybe the Law should be enforced, more, that their licenses gets seized.

Seize their licenses. If they NC? Then, they NC. 

Saying that it happens IRL isn't defending it. My main point was stricter punishment isn't going to fix the issue and just create new problems. The court system can't handle what you are suggesting assuming LEOs on this server can or even have the will to enforce them. Even with Cops using charges like Vehicular Endangerment including in situations where they are overcharging someone it hasn't worked as a deterrent. What you are suggesting just isn't going to work. People are going to speed and drive crazy because people don't come on RP servers and max out their vehicles to drive the speed limit. 

Edited by Power
11 minutes ago, Matt. said:

grand thefdt auto video game, though... if I wanted to play driving simulator I would just get in my car in real life.

It's not GTA:Online. It's supposed to be a Heavy RP server, not a low-tier FiveM Voice RP server. We'll be going in circles, at this point, but realism is a strong foundation on what this server claims (or claimed) to uphold.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Power said:

Saying that it happens IRL isn't defending it. My main point was stricter punishment isn't going to fish the issue and create new problems. The court system can't handle what you are suggesting assuming LEOs on this server can or even have the will to enforce them. Even with Cops using charges like Vehicular Endangerment including in situations where they are overcharging someone it hasn't worked as a deterrent. What you are suggesting just isn't going to work. 

My solution isn't to just overcharge them, but simply revoke their license. If they have to wait weeks to months to gain it back, via the courts, then maybe they will discontinue driving recklessly, is the point. 

Or they can keep paying the server by name-changing to evade the consequences, but I believe people will drive more realistically with their licenses being revoked.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

My solution isn't to just overcharge them, but simply revoke their license. If they have to wait weeks to months to gain it back, via the courts, then maybe they will discontinue driving recklessly, is the point. 

Like I said it won't work. I'm sure you have to know that it isn't going to stop people. Guess what you take away their license, what happens next? They just drive on their suspended license and nothing changes because driving on a license is just a misdemeanor. And even if you change Driving without a license to a felony which IMO would be excessive but say you do that, they probably still will do it. Felony charges don't stop people from evading, everyday I see someone running from the cops. Says lets go even harsher how about impounding or even confiscating vehicles? People will just buy another vehicle with the way the economy on this server people will just by a cheap car like a Vapid Torrence or what ever the budget fast car of the day is and then do what they were doing before still without a license. People just need to accept you aren't going to get people to behave the way you want all the time on RP servers because the consequences don't exist like they do IRL its a game where people can just create a new character or name change and erase all the consequences of their actions. It is what it is at this point, its the nature of RP servers you will never get rid of. Just enjoy the RP the best you can and don't let the perfect me the enemy of the good. 

Edited by Power
4 minutes ago, Power said:

Like I said it won't work. Guess what you take away their license, what happens next? They just drive on their suspended license and nothing changes because driving on a license is just a misdemeanor. I'm sure you have to know that. And even if you change Driving without a license to a felony which IMO would be excessive but say you do that, they probably still will do it. Felony charges don't stop people from evading, everyday I see someone running from the cops. Says lets go even harsher how about impounding or even confiscating vehicles? People will just buy another vehicle with the way the economy on this server people will just by a cheap car like a Vapid Torrence or what ever the budget fast car of the day is and then do what they were doing before still without a license. 

Your right, being stricter IC won't stop reckless driving, but i'm sure it would reduce it.

There are a lot of legal RP'ers that drive ridiculously, however they do wanna keep their record clean for firearm licenses, joining legal factions etc. I'm sure there's atleast a few that wont risk driving on a suspended license. Also, reckless drivers generally don't enjoy spending time in prison.

Impounding cars will also help a bit. Sure, they can buy another car, but not everyone wants to blow money on that. Their new cars will likely also not be ridiculously modified. 

I'm certain that having stricter laws and enforcement would discourage at least the legal RPers from driving recklessly.

Edited by danistheman
  • Upvote 1