Amend the cop killing rule

Just now, Barbary said:

This isn't about you. I'm not calling you out. Stop taking this shit personal, dude. It's not a you problem, it's a 'people treat this server like a C list action movie' problem.

It is a me problem. I deal with bad cop roleplayers, you deal with LTD noobs who wanna shoot you for clips. Amending the rules would protect me from it. You are already protected by the rules as they stand. That would not change, but it would for me. Here’s a screenshot of a traffic stop in the heart of my gang hood, in an alleyway. The reason? Expired license.  The only reason the cop hasn’t been shot is because my friends managed to just walk away with a pound of weed we were going to transport elsewhere. This is the dumb shit I have to deal with. And I actually lose my assets if I die or get arrested.gta-world-2024-1-15-22-50-56.png?ex=65b8

Just now, Paenymion said:

The rule only states you can't MURDER a law enforcement officer.  I don't see anything saying you can't shoot them to the edge of their life, or beat the hell out of them.

Had a friend get ajailed for shooting a cop to create space for me to escape. He popped two shots and drove off. This rule was quoted. Apparently even attemping to murder a cop is a breach of the rules. 

2 minutes ago, Conwell said:

It is a me problem. I deal with bad cop roleplayers, you deal with LTD noobs who wanna shoot you for clips. Amending the rules would protect me from it. You are already protected by the rules as they stand. That would not change, but it would for me. Here’s a screenshot of a traffic stop in the heart of my gang hood, in an alleyway. The reason? Expired license.  The only reason the cop hasn’t been shot is because my friends managed to just walk away with a pound of weed we were going to transport elsewhere. This is the dumb shit I have to deal with. And I actually lose my assets if I die or get arrested.gta-world-2024-1-15-22-50-56.png?ex=65b8

Don't get pulled over then (jk). Unless I've been wrong the entire time I was lead to believe the spirit of the rule was to prevent the non-stop stream of people who get in a car, drive 120mph through Legion Square only to drift around a cop car to get pulled over just so they can shoot the officer. The rule should not protect an officer in gang territory provoking established street gangs or otherwise behaving like they're not in the city's urban nexus of death and decay. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Conwell said:

It is a me problem. I deal with bad cop roleplayers, you deal with LTD noobs who wanna shoot you for clips. 

That's not what I meant. I'm not trying to say that you haven't had to deal with cock-sure assclowns who don't realize walking into a dark alleyway in the middle of Southeast LS is a bad call. What I'm trying to lay down is that I cannot picture a way for this rule to be amended that won't lead to bad actors taking advantage. A lot of people treat this server as basically competitive cops and robbers, and they follow 'metas' because they're so hooked on Ws it's a dopamine addiction for them.

You want to stop bad cops from being overbearing pricks. I get that, and I empathize. What I'm trying to say isn't 'your problem doesn't exist', what I'm trying to say is 'we need to find other ways to punish stupid LEO players.' Because amending the rule will lead to unforeseen consequences.

1 minute ago, Barbary said:

That's not what I meant. I'm not trying to say that you haven't had to deal with cock-sure assclowns who don't realize walking into a dark alleyway in the middle of Southeast LS is a bad call. What I'm trying to lay down is that I cannot picture a way for this rule to be amended that won't lead to bad actors taking advantage. A lot of people treat this server as basically competitive cops and robbers, and they follow 'metas' because they're so hooked on Ws it's a dopamine addiction for them.

You want to stop bad cops from being overbearing pricks. I get that, and I empathize. What I'm trying to say isn't 'your problem doesn't exist', what I'm trying to say is 'we need to find other ways to punish stupid LEO players.' Because amending the rule will lead to unforeseen consequences.

I specified how it can be done in the last section of my suggestion. Please read it, I don’t think the way I suggested it exposes you to harm. 

Your suggestion is already in place and should be reported if LEO players are not in fear of such actions. AS others have suggested LEO RPers should be subject to CK if they are not fearing for their lives in these circumstances. Hopefully, this is something we can highlight in the rules when explaining CKs and PKs. 15v1 LEO vs Criminal would result in a CK, I expect the same if a LEO is rushing into a gang hood after hearing shots and being shot dead. 

1 minute ago, Peak. said:

Your suggestion is already in place and should be reported if LEO players are not in fear of such actions. AS others have suggested LEO RPers should be subject to CK if they are not fearing for their lives in these circumstances. Hopefully, this is something we can highlight in the rules when explaining CKs and PKs. 15v1 LEO vs Criminal would result in a CK, I expect the same if a LEO is rushing into a gang hood after hearing shots and being shot dead. 

There's the core of the issue tbh, nobody does because the results have been consistently disappointing and embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

There's the core of the issue tbh, nobody does because the results have been consistently disappointing and embarrassing. 

I'd disagree - whilst historically yes this has been the case LFM enforces this heavily and if evidence is there will act on it. 

7 minutes ago, Peak. said:

How do I know when it is allowed for me to even shoot them? If we go by the rules, I would breach them if I killed a cop in any of those situations. That’s the current rules. Can’t kill them if they’re not trying to arrest me for a serious offence or are actively threatening my life. Calling me a CI or pulling me over in a dark alleyway of Rancho does not constitute a kill as per the rules. My only option would be making a forum report and that takes away from Role Play. If they wanna play hard ICly then they should suffer the consequences ICly. I shouldn’t have to run to the forums for everything, especially considering these aren’t exactly clear breaches of the rules but rather questionable IC actions. You tell me if you disagree tho, I’m not an admin but I feel like these 8 years of playing SAMP and GTA 5 Roleplay have taught me some things. I’m open to hearing your POV as a member of the staff though!

To add onto that, here’s a response I got after the cop called me a CI and I wanted to kill him for it. IMG_8055.png?ex=65bfad43&is=65ad3843&hm=

Edited by Conwell
  • Reece? locked this topic