Rule: 15 addition: Shooting automatics from a vehicle/bike

3 minutes ago, Naeno said:

Believe recoil from vehicles is not actually possible (from me asking a month or two ago) but I'm checking in with the developers anyways to be 100% sure it's not. 

Pistols do have recoil inside a car, it's automatic weapons that are an issue. Specifically it happens with the MicroSMG or MiniSMG. 

This is the report that put the no recoil meta in public view. Other guns don't do this and pistols don't do this. 

Rifles are affected on full auto if you scroll them inside a car, the recoil goes left - right instead of up - down if you scroll or equip a rifle inside a car and then hop out with it.

PSA: if it's just one gun model causing this and there's an easy fix to either add recoil or yoink the faulty gun from gun supplier lists then there's no reason why that shouldn't happen.

9 minutes ago, Brink said:

If that's your response, when is the last time you've been in an actual full scale war?

The whole RoE on this server is broken and the PK lists make it so extremely competitive that it feels like you're playing eSports, having to stay up to actually be able attack is crazy. I understand the realism aspect of it all, but it's a sweaty mess. It came to the point where I was not even interested in being on the front line of the gang scene with MS13 because of how sweaty the wars really are.

People will hit, wait the required 30 minutes, log off, rinse and repeat until either side stacked up enough kills to feel like nobody lost and the war will end with either IFM intervention or both leaders cut because it was just a mess.

There used to be a time that a war would be fun, you'd slide back to back and the people that are old enough to remember the MS13 v TFL13 war went on for a year and it was never this sweaty or absurd.

By removing the SMGs from cars you will just create a new meta, rinse and repeat, there will always be a meta. Every game will always have a meta and when the new meta is here there will be an army of people complaining about it since they can not lose.

Re-do the RoE instead and make back to back hits not allowed, borrow the old LS rule where you'd have to get hit first, retaliate, then hit again, and if the other side does not retaliate you're not allowed to hit, and they forfeit out of the war, making them losers.

It would force both sides actually engage and be outside to be able go back and forth instead of logging off after attacking and waiting out the six hour timer. By adding these restrictions you'll just add a band aid on an open wound.

And this is spot on, especially the comments on ROE. For far too many times people war and attack 3 times before any retaliatory action. For far too many times people think just because you muster up a reason to have hatred towards one side or another, then that must mean you can wage war on them as if you're in some lawless province.

Wars also have no gain whatsoever bar trying to get people punished so badly that they either lose motivation and close, or get force closed, and maybe you can then take their turf but that's about it.

A new meta will surely appear, then everyone'll adhere to it until that one is stopped, and so on. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Mór-Ríoghain said:

I don't think the problem is the car full of SMGs I think the problem is the fact that they do not have the recoil they would have on foot. They are broken.

literally this

Just now, Icey said:

ironic you say this cuz sitting in an interior with an AR isnt deemed as foot patroling

threads full of niggas who cant even shoot to begin with, lets just continue linking this thread to people who dont even shoot for their faction

why tf are u guys talking about that like anybody said anything about it lmfao

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Icey said:

ironic you say this cuz sitting in an interior with an AR isnt deemed as foot patroling

threads full of niggas who cant even shoot to begin with, lets just continue linking this thread to people who dont even shoot for their faction

Quit trying to derail the thread, it's not that deep.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Mór-Ríoghain said:

why tf are u guys talking about that like anybody said anything about it lmfao

this right here shows you never front lined a war, why would anyone in their right mind hop out on a bunch of people set up for defense and ARs in interiors who are waiting for the "gun shot nearby" message? thats a suicide mission

• Upvote 5
Just now, Icey said:

this right here shows you never front lined a war, why would anyone in their right mind hop out on a bunch of people set up for defense and ARs in interiors who are waiting for the "gun shot nearby" message? thats a suicide mission

somebody explained what u meant to me in my dms n i agree w u actually. didnt rlly understand what u were sayin but yea u right playin like that is sweaty asf and and also lame.

• Upvote 2

there will always be a meta, you put a rule on this and new meta pops up you just gonna put rules on that too? illegal RP already has a ton of red tape around it with a books worth of rules dont need more lmao

• Upvote 2

The whole underlying issue is that wars are not fun (when they can be), and you think that adding these SMGs restrictions will actually impact the whole war scene positively it's just not going to happen.

It's going to add another layer of OOC to an already very OOC process of actually going to war, all the other restrictions are already in place, and god forbid you'll have 2 SMGs in the car and a shootout breaks out, that's another 10 reports flying up.

The core issue should be addressed, you'll remove the 4SMG drive by's and ARs will start being overused (probably), to even out the playing field between the defenders and attackers. Since the defenders will be able to hang out in balconies or interiors with ARs, so instead of the drive by meta, rifles might start becoming overused and it's going to become iraq.

This suggestion has the right idea behind it, making wars more enjoyable but your suggestion will not have that benefit to the server. The RoE has to be revamped to a certain extent and the OOC cringe videos being made, with PK lists having such a huge credence on the whole PK war. There are wars that last generations, but on this server it's a very short burst of a week or two, if not a month, and then what usually happens interactions are cut and you barely mention each other IC or avoid each other because of the OOC headache that was caused.

I lead a official faction and we partook in like 10+ wars,  it's always the same thing, the 6 hour timer being abused. If the other side is down on the PK list they will stop logging IG and then to preserve their ego they will make their faction inactive and the faction that will be outside roleplaying or is larger will be put at an disadvantage because they will hop in quickly to do a drive by or a hail mary hit to rack up kills and if they get away they'll AFK for 30 mins, log off, and then repeat the process until they feel like it's somewhat even and they can take a loss like that.

I think what would actually have the biggest impact on improving the wars would be the tik for tak method, one side has to hit, and the other side has the opportunity to either back out of the war (without using discord and OOC means) by simply not retaliating, or they will retaliate and the other side will be able to hit, and so on until somebody just taps out. A work around the PK list should be made to remove the extremely large competitive edge so there wouldn't be as many "consequences" to dying and people actually feeling like they can do riskier hits, like hopping out of cars and not just SMG'ing from a car.

• Upvote 11
27 minutes ago, evil wicked soldier said:

im pretty sure they can, or they somehow did before.

when the update was released in january/february 2023? the recoil was fucking disgustingly high when you were drivebying, just revert it back to that.

Might be right, but from what I heard about what they can currently do right now? GTA 5 recoil overrides GTAW recoil in cars therefore there's no recoil for SMGs

Edited by azza
  • Naeno locked this topic