Rule: 15 addition: Shooting automatics from a vehicle/bike

1 minute ago, alina2137 said:

as someone who like never touches illegal rp: yeah this sounds reasonable i guess, +1

how can u +1 something u dont rp mfs just be agreeing to agree 

Edited by Drill
  • Upvote 5
Just now, dodGE said:

You should read the RoE, maybe. 

If that's your response, when is the last time you've been in an actual full scale war?

The whole RoE on this server is broken and the PK lists make it so extremely competitive that it feels like you're playing eSports, having to stay up to actually be able attack is crazy. I understand the realism aspect of it all, but it's a sweaty mess. It came to the point where I was not even interested in being on the front line of the gang scene with MS13 because of how sweaty the wars really are.

People will hit, wait the required 30 minutes, log off, rinse and repeat until either side stacked up enough kills to feel like nobody lost and the war will end with either IFM intervention or both leaders cut because it was just a mess.

There used to be a time that a war would be fun, you'd slide back to back and the people that are old enough to remember the MS13 v TFL13 war went on for a year and it was never this sweaty or absurd.

By removing the SMGs from cars you will just create a new meta, rinse and repeat, there will always be a meta. Every game will always have a meta and when the new meta is here there will be an army of people complaining about it since they can not lose.

Re-do the RoE instead and make back to back hits not allowed, borrow the old LS rule where you'd have to get hit first, retaliate, then hit again, and if the other side does not retaliate you're not allowed to hit, and they forfeit out of the war, making them losers.

It would force both sides actually engage and be outside to be able go back and forth instead of logging off after attacking and waiting out the six hour timer. By adding these restrictions you'll just add a band aid on an open wound.

• Upvote 11
3 minutes ago, santa muerte said:
  • Actively foot patrolling turf with visible large weaponry such as rifles.

Take heed. Maybe you should? 

lets not derail the thread. 

12 minutes ago, santa muerte said:

the way wars are danced around with interior RP and never logging in but to attack? i dont think this is really the issue that needs to be addressed.

if you hop out of a car while ppl defend with ars in interiors? you're are not making it out alive.

Ironic, but yeah, don't derail the suggestion

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Brink said:

By removing the SMGs from cars you will just create a new meta, rinse and repeat, there will always be a meta. Every game will always have a meta and when the new meta is here there will be an army of people complaining about it since they can not lose.

Re-do the RoE instead and make back to back hits not allowed, borrow the old LS rule where you'd have to get hit first, retaliate, then hit again, and if the other side does not retaliate you're not allowed to hit, and they forfeit out of the war, making them losers.

It would force both sides actually engage and be outside to be able go back and forth instead of logging off after attacking and waiting out the six hour timer. By adding these restrictions you'll just add a band aid on an open wound.

^ This. Removing one meta adds a worse meta, instead nerf the meta but keep it; i.e allowing one SMG per vehicle. If you remove this entirely, there'll be a new meta, and that'll be suggested to be removed, and another and another to the point we're living with dictatorship ass rules n everyone cries to get em overturned even tho they caused em in the first place.

Adding the old LS ROE rule from SAMP would be godsend, it stops the bullshit attacks 24/7 from one side. The other side should be required to hit back before being hit. I used to do gang RP a lot back in the day, from 2017 on SAMP up until 2020ish-2021 or something on here, but I quit because the wars were way too sweaty. An example being the MS13/HS13 war where Hillside only wanted to rack kills up on MS while we were doing tags n other stuff, eventually once MS began hitting HS back then some people on the other side took it really personal and that's just one example of a demotivating factor in gang RP related to wars; people live for the game and it's sad.

No. Just cause you're at a disadvantage doesn't mean we enforce it and limit illegal RP. There are ways of countering a car full of people with SMGs, but enforcing rules on it will only limit the RP. Drive-bys with SMG are commonly used IRL but we're just going to cut it out completely just because people are struggling to fight against it? As said by Brink, there will be another meta and then someone will jump on the forums trying to enforce another rule.

Carry on putting a strain on illegal RP, this server will turn into a glorified Sims 4 server. (Imo)

• Upvote 8
  • Naeno locked this topic