Need help with making a character fun

Astralsomnia

Alright, no shitposts this time. Ima try to be a bit more genuine and serious this time around.

My main character, Sura Harlan, my namesake and oldest RP character to date... isn't really fun to play in this server.

I have two other characters, Del and Notsu; a kid and an elderly, both stupid as hell, but Notsu lacks a moral compass. Notsu can't keep out of jail, and Del can't keep out of the hospital, but they're fun to play, and they both just fuck around a lot since they don't have any obligations. Sura lacks that spark, she's a lot more serious and darker. At first I was enjoying playing as her, I did get a murder plot out of the way, but now its basically turned into me logging on just to stand around or pull shifts at the Lion, which isn't fun at all. She isn't making enough money to pull herself out of homelessness, her mental health arc is going nowhere, and she doesn't have any contacts to get into any organized crime. If there was a fun gameplay loop to grind out money, she'd probably be doing that, but even at LTDs you basically stand around most of an hour watching youtube videos while you wait for someone to walk in.

So, what can I do to make this character more engaging for me to play?

• Upvote 1

If you lost the spark, which happens. I'd suggest sit back for a while. Maybe do something else for the moment. If it comes back it comes back.

Maybe doing some other things will bring you new ideas. Best advice anyone here can give you..."Don't push it." The longer you stay in the kiln, the harder it gets to reignite.

• Upvote 2
Spoiler

. Go out and create your own RP.

. Get more involved in illegal criminal activities

. Pick up a constantly engaging job here on the forums, and you can also use IC (Public Defender, etc.)

. Create a business

. Create an illegal business and develop ties in the underground

. Sue people who have done you wrong.

. Create car shows or events (Advertise the car meetup)

. Get involved with gangs or other forms of organized crime.

. Become a local street dealer and sell narcotics, weapons, etc.

. Join the government in some capacity. Cop, lawyer, you decide.

. Begin a trucking company for massive profits.

. Truck for a trucking company for massive profits.

. Run for public office.

. Engage with citizens and cops by robbing people or homes.

. Just have random conversations with people.

. Press an enemy gang on their territory.

. Sell dope or other illicit goods on enemy gang territory.

. If you're a female, become a stripper. They seriously make a SHITLOAD of money.

. If you're a male, become a stripper. They seriously make a SHITLOAD of money.

. Get petty with your neighbors. Have neighbor beef.

. Create a gang or other organized crime group and begin doing heists or holding up businesses.

. Extort businesses or players through organized crime.

. Become an infamous scammer, scam cops, players, politicians, etc.

. Get affiliated with organized crime and put politicians on your payroll. Have them push for political and government change based on the needs of your group.

. Put cops on your payroll and perform crime in their areas.

. Go to prison and try to become a prison rep

. Cause internal conflict in prison

. Get COs on your payroll, and have them smuggle dope or other goods into the jail. Sell said items.

. Work with the cartel and smuggle narcotics into San Andreas.

. Smuggle narcotics in through the port and pay supervisors and site managers to look the other way.

. Take a shit ton of drugs and perform a hit and run on someone IC. Run from the police and decide the outcome in your IC drug-induced state.

And the list goes on...

Seriously, the opportunities are endless. Your imagination is the only thing that will limit you from creating RP; you don't even have to do anything above. Those are just various ideas I came up with in the span of about 5 minutes. Some of which I use or may use myself...

Edited by Cavity
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Cavity said:
  Reveal hidden contents

. Go out and create your own RP.

. Get more involved in illegal criminal activities

. Pick up a constantly engaging job here on the forums, and you can also use IC (Public Defender, etc.)

. Create a business

. Create an illegal business and develop ties in the underground

. Sue people who have done you wrong.

. Create car shows or events (Advertise the car meetup)

. Get involved with gangs or other forms of organized crime.

. Become a local street dealer and sell narcotics, weapons, etc.

. Join the government in some capacity. Cop, lawyer, you decide.

. Begin a trucking company for massive profits.

. Truck for a trucking company for massive profits.

. Run for public office.

. Engage with citizens and cops by robbing people or homes.

. Just have random conversations with people.

. Press an enemy gang on their territory.

. Sell dope or other illicit goods on enemy gang territory.

. If you're a female, become a stripper. They seriously make a SHITLOAD of money.

. If you're a male, become a stripper. They seriously make a SHITLOAD of money.

. Get petty with your neighbors. Have neighbor beef.

. Create a gang or other organized crime group and begin doing heists or holding up businesses.

. Extort businesses or players through organized crime.

. Become an infamous scammer, scam cops, players, politicians, etc.

. Get affiliated with organized crime and put politicians on your payroll. Have them push for political and government change based on the needs of your group.

. Put cops on your payroll and perform crime in their areas.

. Go to prison and try to become a prison rep

. Cause internal conflict in prison

. Get COs on your payroll, and have them smuggle dope or other goods into the jail. Sell said items.

. Work with the cartel and smuggle narcotics into San Andreas.

. Smuggle narcotics in through the port and pay supervisors and site managers to look the other way.

. Take a shit ton of drugs and perform a hit and run on someone IC. Run from the police and decide the outcome in your IC drug-induced state.

And the list goes on...

Seriously, the opportunities are endless. Your imagination is the only thing that will limit you from creating RP; you don't even have to do anything above. Those are just various ideas I came up with in the span of about 5 minutes. Some of which I use or may use myself...

Thing is, a lot of these things are things my character wouldn't do. I get lots of content on my other two characters (when they aren't jailed), its just Sura I struggle to keep engaging.

6 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

Thing is, a lot of these things are things my character wouldn't do. I get lots of content on my other two characters (when they aren't jailed), its just Sura I struggle to keep engaging.

She's broke, has mental health problems, and struggles to socialize to get into any real organized crime due to a lack of initiative and motivation. That is pretty killer for about anything, and it is obvious why there is nothing to do. It sounds like you should really switch up her playstyle; you will never get into organized crime by sitting aside and remaining silent or choosing to stay out of things. Take initiative. She can still be depressed and have mental health problems while pushing her own agenda and wants in whatever she chooses.

You can have her by the type of person who copes with their mental health problems with the use of alcohol and drugs. You can make this obvious through nearly any of your interactions by taking a hit in front of your boss or friends or going above and beyond when socializing with others.

Edited by Cavity
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

I am of those who take loooong breaks from rp, cause I tend to burn out pretty fast given my playstyle.

But perhaps new concept isn't what you need. Perhaps you need someone to play with you?

• Upvote 1