Remove the loot timer

Thurston Howl

I do, however, support lowering the time needed to wait before you can loot a corpse, or at least show a prompt with a time so you can tell how much time is left before you can loot a body.

I once RP'ed taking someone from someone who as dead, but hadn't accepted death yet. They couldn't hand me the item unfortunately, and decided to /acceptdeath. Even after the death, I was stalled, and eventually police came by to continue RP with the body; so I missed out on the item that I RPly stole. Even 5 minutes after waiting since he did /acceptdeath, neither me, nor the Police could loot the body.

The system is fucky wucky.

• Upvote 1

Both have their pros and cons, but I personally think the timer should stay. 

A lot of looting interactions wouldn't realistically happen. When are you likely to in-real life approach a corpse and prod at it, go through pockets, etc etc. You are simply putting your prints all over a possible homicide case. 

25 minutes ago, santa muerte said:

Both have their pros and cons, but I personally think the timer should stay. 

A lot of looting interactions wouldn't realistically happen. When are you likely to in-real life approach a corpse and prod at it, go through pockets, etc etc. You are simply putting your prints all over a possible homicide case. 

Homeless people:
giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

Why is there even a timer to begin with? It makes more sense for the guy who killed someone to loot him, and not for some random dude coming across the body 5m later.

It was way more common for people to give their homies their stuff before cops/enemys took it. So everyone lost the chance to RP from it. 

3 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

It was way more common for people to give their homies their stuff before cops/enemys took it. So everyone lost the chance to RP from it. 

I mean, thinking about the RP flow here... It makes total sense that someone would try to grab something off someone's corpse before someone else could get it, like drugs or guns.

Honestly, a 10s delay between looting shit might've been a better balance, since you can't realistically just strip a corpse instantly and run. It should take some time, and would kinda force people to prioritize something in a hurry.

1 minute ago, Astralsomnia said:

I mean, thinking about the RP flow here... It makes total sense that someone would try to grab something off someone's corpse before someone else could get it, like drugs or guns.

Honestly, a 10s delay between looting shit might've been a better balance, since you can't realistically just strip a corpse instantly and run. It should take some time, and would kinda force people to prioritize something in a hurry.

No it doesn't. Rather then running from shots being fired and police sirens coming, they would get their freinds to spam their inv into theirs. It makes ZERO sense to run into a firefight to lootgrub. People can't be trusted, that's why we have a timer now.

46 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

No it doesn't. Rather then running from shots being fired and police sirens coming, they would get their freinds to spam their inv into theirs. It makes ZERO sense to run into a firefight to lootgrub. People can't be trusted, that's why we have a timer now.

I wasn't talking about running into a firefight lol, but if there was that would also be countered by adding a 10s timer to loot each item. If its safe enough for you to stand around and loot his corpse, you should be able to.