Garbage Contracts

Benny Black

Short description: I'm suggesting that there be garbage contracts supplied by the government to replace the current garbage pick-up system.

Detailed description: For starters, I feel the garbage job should be removed all together. Instead of a shitty grind based system, staff could make it so the government can give out garbage contracts to select groups of people/companies that can bid or apply for certain contracts via the forums. There would be contracts for all major area's in LS ranging from Vinewood to Davis, and Rancho. Garbage companies could each put down a bid for said contract when it's offered by the government. People could access the garbage trucks for said contracts at the normal garbage site, but they would be useless unless they have a contract to pick up garbage. From there once they get a contract they would have the ability to pick up garbage using the garbage script in the area of their contract. That's the gist of it.

Commands to add: None (Simply make edits to the existing garbage script)

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? My suggestion would improve the server by replacing a boring grind based system, and replacing it with a realistic garbage system. This implementation would also encourage labor racketeering for organized crime groups by allowing them to actually setup a "fixed bid" system etc. The contracts would be gov. controlled, and would allow for quality roleplay for the government. It would also allow more one avenue of employ for the average citizen, and make it so there's actual waste management businesses instead of random Civvies picking up a garbage truck, and rolling around trying to pick up the garbage before the timer runs out.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Benny Black said:

boring grind based system

26 minutes ago, Lance said:

literally the definition of grind

I disagree entirely. The current garbage system provides just enough functionality for a player to RP as little or as much as they like. I've had some great RP moments working garbage.

My only suggestion to improve it would be to automatically set a radio channel (like with aircraft) when you get in a garbage truck so drivers can speak with each other while working.

But even that is unnecessary. We could just agree on a radio channel in an official thread and use that.

@Pan Grama Yeah, but that's not realistic roleplay man. It simply isn't how the waste management industry works IRL, and is un-realistic. This system would be much more realistic, and allow you to work with a company instead of being a independent hauler which simply doesn't make sense.

I'm not asking they necessarily remove the system just make changes to make it realistic, and allow for more roleplay in said industry.

Edited by Benny Black

Why would people bid for it?

It should just be a system like trucking will be.

Business owners will collect a certain amount of trash after an opening.

It would work via entrances, every entrance would generate lets say, 4-5 pieces of garbage.

If they leave the garbage, then they can be shut down by the government, and also there could be some chat saying that there would be garbage bags everywhere ect.

The business owner would make a request for garbage to be picked up, just they request components.

Removing the garbage job won't do anything good, making it an essential part of the economy would.

Garbage isn't a grinding job, IRL the average shift would be what, 8 hours? You might do garbage for 2 hours.

However, it's not benefiting the economy and therefore is not essential for the server, if it benefited the community or added RP, then it would be good.

3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

As you could have read in the previous development blogs, the garbage job is currently being redevelopped to have dynamic trashbins in front of houses to clean etc.. So It'll be way different compared to what it is today!

Oh that's fucking dope.

Will trash collect up via actual activity or will it just be random?

It would be so cool if you actually had to take out your trash ect.

Edited by ICE

When the new system is in, I am definitely keen for it to be handled by IC/player owned companies. 

Maybe allow it to default to an open "volunteer" script job (that pays a slight amount) if no companies currently have a contract that allows any and all players to perform the job. (Such that if no companies are active, the script that's being developed doesn't go to waste)

However, it would be fantastic if a company would able to get the contract or if the contracts are set up in different areas, such as they are in real life, so that there can be multiple companies. Allow companies to fight for it through the council/government so that companies get an actual reputation built.

This would then allow a lot more roleplay to come to fruition around the garbage job which I had a tonne of fun doing scriptwise when testing out all of the script jobs! 

• Applaud 1