Camp Sites

Cara

Short description:

Addition of useable campsites for people who roleplay living out of campers / RVs, etc.

Detailed description:

An area of land that, when driven into, provides an option to rent for anyone who enters. The rent would be considered ground rent and would give players (like myself) who roleplay that their character lives in a camper van the opportunity to have a home base, spawn location and a place for like minded souls to congregate too. 

Commands to add:

None

Items to add:

None

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would allow people who do not roleplay their character having a traditional home to find a place that they can actually put their vehicle down (camper / RV / truck) and gain a spawn point, somewhere to say they live and a community of others in a similar position to be around.

Additional information:

None

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

This is a great idea and an alternative for making the camper cars themselves a spawning point. Would add a lot additional scenarios for RP. Can have a separate map at UCP showing all the small and big camping sites.

• 5 months later...

Sad that this haven't got more attention. Maybe an additional idea would be to buy a spawn spot with timer? Like an actual spot on the map where you can spawn when logging into the server. It would cost 5000 and would stay for a month. You could also rent it out to have the option to camp with friends. And for people who like to RP living in a RV - that would be perfect.

2 minutes ago, eyebrows said:

I like the idea but I feel like because there’s no roleplayable interiors for tents and camper vans that this is basically just a new spawn point? Unless you’re trying to do outside rp only.

Something buyable and temporary so the map would not get littered with those spawn points. But I guess an permanent spawn point for RV's with an actual interior would be even cooler! I am sure it is not that hard to make one.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:44 AM, Tr1bal said:

Something buyable and temporary so the map would not get littered with those spawn points. But I guess an permanent spawn point for RV's with an actual interior would be even cooler! I am sure it is not that hard to make one.

-

Edited by eyebrows
removed by user

For now though it would be great to have camp sites set up so at least there could be a community of people who either choose to live in an RV / camper or have to through no choice of their own. The way I was looking at it when I posted this originally is it’s just another way to provide access to a certain niche of RP that won’t be too demanding on resources or time. As well as that, it gives people who wants to spawn at their ‘home’ a means to do that.

Campers and RVs cost more than property in Jamestown after all so it would be a nice edition to what is effectively a home.

• mj2002 locked this topic