UCP returning deleted character

Woozyarth

Detailed Description: Hi, so I just wanted to suggest something new to be added to the UCP, and if it can be implemented, that would be a good thing. A lot of players always delete the characters that they want, but they delete them so they don't have space in the character slot and also to focus on one. So why can't we add options for users on UCP to temporarily delete their character so it gets removed from the character list for now, so the players can start a new character and at the same time they don't delete a character that they had for too long, and he will develop, so giving the players the ability to return the old character again will really be an added value. people who don't want to buy a NC or don't want to start from scratch if the character that he will return is the right character for the development he wants to do, and it will also be a good chance for players if they want to return the old character and continue their character development. Of course, this option will only be available to the players who deleted the characters that were not CKed.

Relevant Commands/Items:

None.

How will it benefit the server? Honestly, it will not benefit the server rather than benefiting the players that want to return the the deleted character and start from the middle rather than starting from the beginning, and that will help the players to not start from the bottom unless they will /charity their money to the server, and start from the bottom with that character, but without losing the hours of play time the players had on the returning character.

Edited by Woozyarth
  • Upvote 1

It will not, I don't mean by allowing players to return the deleted characters to just have only one character slot, and delete and return the characters. Like I mean to allow players to return the deleted characters to the only available character slots, it will not totally remove the character slot. The character slot will remain the same but to the make the players return the deleted characters to the limited number of character slots the players have.

12 minutes ago, Skydeluire said:

Mhm mhm, this is true.

The main goal for this suggestion is just to prevent the players from starting the hectic character development, and just start in the middle and also if some players feel motivated to return their deleted characters and continue their development.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:49 AM, Jorgensen said:

-1 If you want to keep a character, keep a character. You are given three(?) free character slots and i don’t see why people would ‘temporarily delete’ established characters seeing as they’d lose their assets etc. Defeats the point if buying additional slots too.

You got a point, but let's say in my situation I am living in a country that has really high inflation and everything is really expensive. So, why would I buy a a new character slot if I could just temporarily store the old character, but deleting it temporarily and use that empty slot and create a new character? And with that I have win-win situation first I will not start the same character ethnicity from scratch, and I can just return him back to an empty slot and continue the development of the character or /charity all the money and sell all the vehicles by /vscrap (In case I will RP him as a poor gangster or a homeless character). Like some people that live in a country that has a really high-inflated economy will say why I will waste my money in another character slot, and all I can do is just store the character and create a new one in the same slot. Like not everybody has the money power to buy another character slot, so having that option will be an added value to the server. Also guys, I am not saying to fully cancel buying a character slot. However, what I am suggesting is more of an alternative solution or option to not fully delete the idea of buying a new character slot.

Edited by Woozyarth

I understand the idea behind the suggestion, giving more options for people who don't necessarily have the money to put into a game.

However I agree with Jorgensen. If there's a character a player still wants to roleplay with, they should simply not delete it. Especially if the character has assets tied to their development.

I also can see how this could also be abused to get around jail time or other IC repercussions, which would mean more potential reports.

• Gibbz locked this topic