Aviation Improvement

2 minutes ago, Toxic-san said:

The so called monopoly, does not exist. I don't know, what you're talking about.

SAAA has flight school applications open for members of the community. But no one, wishes to do so. So, how do you expect other flight schools to exist, when nobody wants to make them?

There could be a reason nobody wishes to do so, you know? I lead a faction with lots of members and there are plenty of guys interested in wanting to be involved in aviation roleplay, however we don't make any attempts at getting involved due to certain IC reasons which I won't disclose here to avoid outing people or hurting anyones feelings. This is why I advocate for an alternative way of obtaining the license.

At one point there was an alternative. You could go to Blaine Aviation or SAAA if i'm not mistaken. However, now the two factions decided to combine into one so it'll be up to someone else to create a school if there really is the demand for that sort of RP there.

As for the suggestions on the post? +1.

SAAA and Blaine Aviation are separate entities by all means.

They were originally created by the same people too, with the idea to promote the aviation roleplay we so much love.

Now when we talk about the merge of the two entities - yes, they're now housed in the same faction, however, from an IC stand point (and very much OOC one) they work separate one from the other. The SAAA leadership interferes into the works of the SFS (State Flight School) only when something goes wrong.

In regarding to recruitment, etc.
In 2021 the lessons we were providing were 7 + 1 exam, we received feedback and reduced them to 3 + 1 exam just to make it work smooth for everyone.
Originally the lessons were taking about two hours, most of them right now take roughly 1 hour, to hour and 45 minutes, depending on how well the student performs, how smooth the roleplay is going, et cetera. None of these aspects can be controlled by us. Sometimes we have students who do not perform so well and simply cannot do the lesson(s) and we have to separate a single lesson into two half lessons, which take double the time, just so a person can be taught to fly. In many cases we have students who do not even know the controls to fly and it is their first time in our virtual skies.

The SFS has never closed applications for instructors, and while on paper we have a healthy amount of them, quite a few of them are not actively participating in the school's activities. Also, you must understand that we all have other roleplay we do, the school is not the character's only life. And with lessons taking 1 to 2 hours per person, instructors usually may handle a single lesson before they head off-duty and do other roleplay that they enjoy.

On the topic of Flight Schools - everyone with the appropriate licenses can open a flight school, and try to recruit employees, and so on. You can read the following materials to familiarize yourself with the way to do so:

The SAAA forums' section regarding Flight School: https://saaa.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=28

The San Andreas Aviation Code. Refer to Section 5.

Edited by Adero
  • Upvote 1
  • Price locked this topic