More Weather variation (Fog, Overcast, etc)

Detailed Description

What's the point of this suggestion you may ask?
The weather on GTA:World is very plain and simple, the community has been wanting more variation for two years, it's always sunny or cloudy (or there's a little smog) 🙃

We've been basing our weather on reallife weather data from LA, while we still portray Los Santos and thus because of that we shouldn't base our weather from real world data and proceed to use our own weather system. There's two weather types never even used on the server. Overcast & Fog

Fog shouldn't be a weather type lasting all day, it could appear in the early morning and the late times of a day.
Overcast weather shouldn't be a daily occurence, but there's days that the sun doesn't shine at all.
Rainy weather, or just storms passing over once in a while should just have the chances increased, we have options of light rain, heavy rain and thunderstorms but it barely ever rains on GTA:W it only lightly rained once last week in a long time and everyone basically ran outside just to experience it.

More temperature variations, I know that at the winter days it's usually a little colder but a climate like the one Los Santos is based in has a higher frequency of tropical weather, people here act like 23-25c is HOT weather, but most summer days should exceed 30+ and a occasional thunderstorm at those warm temperatures would really add to variety.

I brought this suggestion back as it had massive support before, and there's no doubt that the opinion changed, here's a link with the original thread with 24 pages of discussion and support.

How will it benefit the server?
Simple, it gives people more roleplay around the weather the current topic of the day usually is "nice weather today isn't it?" when can we finally say "shitty weather today isn't it?" ⛈️ 

Edited by Sterren
  • Upvote 3
Just now, F34 said:

+1, I like having it match LA weather but having some variety once in a while is good. 

That's the thing, I doubt it even follows LA weather - cuz during weeks there's torrential downpour for days at a time, it's sunny in game. Times its cloudy and smoggy irl, it's sunny in game. It only snowed in L.A like twice a few years ago, yet we've received snow every single winter for a few days. Instead of snow, it should be smoggy rain and thunder.

3 minutes ago, F34 said:

+1, I like having it match LA weather but having some variety once in a while is good. 

No, they should have their own server weather.. no more matching it to LA, we're roleplaying Los Santos.

The cloudy & sunny weather's been lasting for basically 2 years.. the chance of rain is 000.01%, that's what it feels like. It's repetitive and tiring, this game has way more to offer I rather see a fictional kind of weather based more in line with Los Santos than see it use some realistic data from LA.

I agree, the constant boring sun is rather boring and provides no chance for unique scenarios. Rain allows for people to use unique outfits of clothing items usually disregarded, people to roleplay scenarios such as their cars sliding etc. I believe a diverse weather system will benefit people roleplaying all types of backgrounds, whether it be law enforcement, illegal, or even just regular civilians. 

+1