Rule 10 - Mugging

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 1:56 AM, Ae said:

million other ways to rob people, not just driving a car looking for an area with possible victims. get creative, the tools are there for it.

Whats your point here? This is the most common and easy way to rob someone. Not every robbery is fully planned out. Criminals are often looking for ways to make quick cash.

+1 btw

Edited by barrio ruler
  • Upvote 1
On 8/2/2023 at 11:49 PM, frost. said:

10.1) Mugging

It is only permitted to /rob or /mug another player for the items they have on themselves at the current time, this does not require admin permission unless within a Restricted Crime Zone. Players may not rob/force other players to withdraw money from the bank or an ATM. Debit cards/credit cards also fall into this subject.

It is forbidden to mug anyone when:

• you're using a vehicle in an unplanned petty mugging for quick cash, unless admin approved;

Right now, the rules state that if you basically use a vehicle to do a mugging, to spot someone, find them, it's not allowed at all.

Why should players get admin approval for a mugging when that'll flood the reports or take about fifteen minutes to get approved?

By the time it gets approved, players have already moved to a different location. It takes a while as it is to get a quick revive from dying to a bug, even longer waiting for a breakin request.

IRL, people look for different targets in a different area all the time. How do they get to that area? It's not like they jogged thirty minutes across the city to that area.

I believe people should be allowed to use vehicles to rob someone if they park away from the scene. I'm not saying around the corner but a few blocks down.

+1

• 4 weeks later...

+1.

It's crazy how you're not even allowed to hide a bicycle a few blocks down just to ride back home after the robbery. You're fully expected to run from your home to the place across town where you want to rob someone. Scope them out on foot, and then run up and mug them while on foot. Afterwards you're expected to run from this location all the way back to your home without interacting with a single vehicle, God forbid you do (the mugging will be voided, and you'll probably get punished), hoping not to be seen by any of the 100+ online police officers searching the vicinity after the robbery, riding in a seperate police cruiser each.
I'd have to roleplay being an Olympic contestant just not to get caught. This ruins the whole experience and promotes a play to win attitude, just to have a small chance of getting a way at all.

I'd honestly say this rule functions as a deterrent to anyone getting into illegal roleplay at all. It clearly showcases the stance that the server has towards illegal roleplayers, which is making sure to give them a really hard time. New players coming from another community or game and seeing said rules, would be sure to have an idea of what kind of player is valued on the server, and who isn't as valued.

I think that at the very minimum, the management should show a bit of leniency, and allow vehicles to be hidden/parked away from the mugging for an escape.

Edited by isco
  • Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...