[Mapping] FAQ

Br0ke

Mapping - Frequently Asked Question(s)

Hey there! 

As noticed over time, mapping is always an area not everyone is 100% knowledgeable of (Not even us mappers are 100% knowledgeable surrounding mapping, lol) but this should hopefully help with the influx of questions that appear on a daily basis.

I have included commands for mapping in the mapping guide created, but I will add them again in this thread to save time! 🙂

As always, I will add overtime but for the meantime these are ones I can think of the most. 

Thank you to those who helped contribute to this! 🙂

Commands for Mapping

(As stated in the mapping guide itself, some of these commands do require Platinum donator, but I will specify on which do)

In-text Command(s):

/pentrance = This allows you to set your own entrance inside your interior. 

/reloadprop = This will trigger a reload of the current interior. 

Note: You can only use this once a minute. 

/ptime -1 = This resets any previously set /ptime to the server time.

This doesn't require donator

/ptime [No] = This allows you to set a different time of the day, helps you with seeing an interior in different light.

This requires Platinum donator minimum. 

/sf = Allows you to search for furniture in specific.

For example: /sf wooden door. 

/pfsearch = This will allow you to search for a furniture in particular that is already placed.

For example: /pfsearch trim003

/pweather [0 - 9]= Using /pweather will allow you to try different weathers in your specific dim.

Info: [0 - Extra Sunny] [1 - Clear] [2 - Clouds] [3 - Smog] [4 - Foggy] [5 - Overcast] [6 - Overcast] [7 - Thunder + rain] [8 - Clearing + rain] [9 - Rain] 

And yes, both five and six are the same. 

This requires a minumum of platinum donator to utilise this command. 

/pweather -1 = Allows you to sync the weather back up to current server weather.

This doesn't require donator. 

/furnrotation [number] [number] [number] = This allows you to move a piece so many times with more ease, rather than continuous rotate [X][Y][Z]. 🙂

Example: /furnrotation [180] [180] [180]

/pstructure [confirm] = This will set your interior to be saved, when/if someone rents. They cannot delete the structure only add. 🙂

/putlock = In order to open a place door, you will need to use a door lock. Only you or an individual with a key to the property will be able to unlock said door. 

/placehandle = In order to open this door, you'll need a door handle. Anyone in the property (With or without a key) can unlock these doors. 

Key(s)

F3 - Brings up your mouse, this allows you to click on the item if you are in the (click mode) in furniture menu. 

If you press F3 again, it will remove the mouse that is on your screen. 

F5 - Allows you to enter mapping mode. 

If you press F5 again, it will bring you out of your current mapping mode. 

F6 - Freezes you into your current mapping position so you can still map in mapping mode. 

If you press F6 again, it will unfreeze you from your mapping mode. If you F5 and go back into this, you will still need to press F6 as it will still consider you as frozen. 

F7 - Closes all visible chats, maps, etc. from your screen to allow you. 

If you press F7 again, it will bring your chat back up for you to see. 

F8 - Takes a screenshot of your current screen. 

Now for the Questions portion of this all! 

The questions below are ones I could think of as the most common, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to add more Q & A's for mapping in the comments. 🙂

Q: How do I change the time in my property? It's too dark/light. 

A: /ptime [0-23] 

This requires donator status.

Q: How do I set the entrance to my house once I figured where my door is? 

A: You can do /pentrance in the desired spot, this must be used appropriately. 

Q: Why can I see lights through my walls after moving a wall I placed and how to get rid of this? 
A: You need to /reloadprop, this will allow the property to reset and fix said issue. 

Q: I'm stuck in mapping mode, how do I move again?

A: You need to use the ''F6'' key once to unfreeze yourself, utilise the F6 key to freeze yourself once more. 

Q: I fell through the floor - How can I get back to the door without the use of mapping mode?

A: You can utilise the /fixloc command - As it alerts, only in commands where you have been left unable to get back up etc. e.g. falling through a floor. 

Q: How do I change the weather in my property? I don't want this one. 

A: Refer to the useful commands above, /pweather is the command you want to use. 

This requires donator status. 

Q: How do I put a lock on my door I mapped in? 

A: You need to purchase either a door lock or door handle from the tool store, once obtained you need to do /putlock or /puthandle against that door. It should automatically open - If it doesn't you may need to press ''L'' or refer to the lockable door thread. 

Q: I don't have donator status but I want my property or residence to sync back to normal, help. 

A: You can utilise the /ptime -1 command. This doesn't require any donator status and will sync back to server time on the next full minute.

Q: How do I go into mapping mode?

A: You need to use the ''F5'' key to enable mapping mode, press the same key again to disable mapping mode. 

Q: How can I search for an item in specific without going through the Property Furniture Menu? 

A: You can use the /sf command in your text box. 

Example of this can be: /sf wooden door.

Q: I've placed furniture but I can't find it in the property furniture menu?

A: You can use the /psf command in the text box, this will allow you to search all placed furniture with that name.

Example of this can be: /psf white trim.

Q: Why can I walk through my furniture? How can I fix this?

A: You need to go into the furniture itself and disable furniture collision. 

Process: Manage Property Furniture > Manage Furniture > Click on the furniture item in question > Go to ''Collision'' If this says ''YES'', you need to disable and have it say ''NO''. 

You then need to /reloadprop to allow this to register. 

Q: I've been mapping for a while and want to join the mapping team - How to apply?

A: Send a Forum PM to Head of Mapping [ @Kyra ] and Assistant Head of Mapping [???] with your portfolio and expressing interest. 

Q: How can I access furniture easier?

A: You can utilise the /fur or /furniture command - This will bring up said menu. 

Q: I'm learning how to map for people but how do I know what to follow? 

A: Linked thread below, very helpful. 

Q: I want to learn how to map but don't know where to begin, is there anything I can read or look at? 

A: Thread linked.

Q: Is there anywhere that shows which are lockable doors as some don't work when I place?

A: Credit to @tired! for this thread. 

Q: Where can I find pictures of what walls are in game right now? 

A: Credit to @Kyra for this thread. 

Q: What floors do we have in game and what do they look like? 

A: Credit to @Kyra for this thread. 

Q: I began to build inside the building for my property but it's flickering, is there any way to possibly fix?

A: Credit to @Tiddy for the video regarding flickering, I will link this here for you to look at.

Edited by Spudette
  • Upvote 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 3