Add a written rule regarding advertisement scams

Suggestion: Add an extra line related to advertisement scamming to the Robbing and Scamming rule section (10).

What needs to be added: I've found a bit of a grey area in the written rules that is clearly enforced in game, but a bit confusing to players. I met a player who was scammed into buying something from another player after they met through a sales /ad. The seller took the money and provided nothing in return. When I asked an admin (Neszy) about it, he said it was against the rules to do so, but it doesn't exactly say so in the rules regarding scams.

This rule already exists for mugging under 10.1 specifically, but not for scamming under 10.4:

wuIEX69.png

I think it would be great for this to be added here (10.4) as well, to clear up any potential confusion and provide some more clarity to players as to what is okay and what isn't okay when it comes to scamming ICly.

I think some clarification on the matter would be fantastic. It is a bit of a grey area, different people are saying different things in regards to it. Would be nice to have it written down within the rules to avoid any confusion in future. +1

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to someone just recently who was affected by this. I 100% think more clarity is required and that the /ad system should be better covered in the rules. It's already been stated more than once that illegal activity CANNOT be advertised and the mugging rules have it. A more deliberate inclusion in scamming is definitely warranted.