Remove Good Cause From CCW application

10 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Good Cause does not prevent you from getting a gun despite not being a criminal, because there's no Good Cause needed to obtain a PF license. All you need is a PF license to purchase guns, a CCW where a Good Cause is mandated is only there so you can conceal carry firearms.

I'm surprised that no one is roleplaying their modern cowboy fantasy outside of Los Santos, because you can just open carry a gun.

Again, first of all I'll ask you to keep calm and please don't insult the community like you have done just now and my previous thread. It is better to not insult people. We are all adults here. 
Secondly, it doesn't matter what you say on this matter. People will try to get a CCW as it is their right. Is it so hard to understand the constitution of United States which is a concept that applies for the server. 

Edited by BullChan
3 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Good Cause does not prevent you from getting a gun despite not being a criminal, because there's no Good Cause needed to obtain a PF license. All you need is a PF license to purchase guns, a CCW where a Good Cause is mandated is only there so you can conceal carry firearms.

I'm surprised that no one is roleplaying their modern cowboy fantasy outside of Los Santos, because you can just open carry a gun.

The distinction is that most RP happens in Los Santos. If you're caught even transporting your gun from LS to the county while still in LS, you're liable to arrest. 

So, sure, technically you're right. Practically, those that RP mainly in LS cannot carry a gun without a CCW.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Miami said:

The distinction is that most RP happens in Los Santos. If you're caught even transporting your gun from LS to the county while still in LS, you're liable to arrest. 

So, sure, technically you're right. Practically, those that RP mainly in LS cannot carry a gun without a CCW.

It is also really important to emphasize that the locales like Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, and outside of the city are really suffering from lack of rp. Most of the rp indeed happens in the city. 
Which bring the question of... 
"Is it alright to push legal rpers outside of the city?" like the server does with rules such as rules surrounding CCW. 

Some US constitution amendments, federal laws, SCOTUS rulings etc. don't apply on this server because fact is that the environment on GTA:W is significantly different from real life. If we were to abolish the requirement for good cause then everybody and their mothers could get a CCW extremely easily for no reason whatsoever, which would contribute to the extreme gun problem this server is facing.

There have been discussions about this before and the day that this changes is the day people will make a suggestion demanding to reinstate good cause because they keep getting shot or robbed at gunpoint at every turn they make since people can carry guns with no consequences or fear of getting caught. 

References:

Edited by LennyVL
1 hour ago, Barbary said:

I feel like this should be handled IC via the Senate. The SCOTUS ruling still allowed 'Shall-issue' statures, and amending the SHAFT act as such could provide good RP for SAGOV. The only OOC caveat to this entirely depends on administration.

Just like weed legislation, sure. 

3 minutes ago, LennyVL said:

Some US constitution amendments, federal laws, SCOTUS rulings etc. don't apply on this server because fact is that the environment on GTA:W is significantly different from real life. If we were to abolish the requirement for good cause then everybody and their mothers could get a CCW extremely easily for no reason whatsoever, which would contribute to the extreme gun problem this server is facing.

There have been discussions about this before and the day that this changes is the day people will make a suggestion demanding to reinstate good cause because they keep getting shot or robbed at gunpoint at every turn they make since people can carry guns with no consequences or fear of getting caught. 

References:

Removing good cause doesn't mean not making it hard, as I wrote in a different comment. 

Good cause is too subjective of a requirement. 

Time played, admin record, character history, character RP quality history, criminal record, profession, etc. are all objective means of deciding whether someone can be responsible with a gun or not.

Edited by Miami
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, LennyVL said:

There have been discussions about this before and the day that this changes is the day people will make a suggestion not one week later demanding to reinstate good cause because they you keep getting shot or robbed at gunpoint at every turn you make since people can carry guns with no consequences or fear of getting caught. 

References:

If we are talking about the problem... 
Then we should also talk about criminal characters getting guns way too easy and also LSPD having the ability to literally go in guns blazing with automatic weapons. I feel like if we have a gun problem, then we have to restrict being able to get a gun for Illegal rpers and LEOs as well. 
Hell, I managed to get a gun with my illegal character in like what? A week? 

5 minutes ago, LennyVL said:

References:

Besides, this is already a moot point because PF licenses are easy to get.

Let me reiterate. It's already easy to get a gun. It's hard to carry a gun LEGALLY. Those that are fighting for the right to carry a gun legally are less likely to use it for illegal purposes.

Edited by Miami
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, Miami said:

Besides, this is already a moot point because PF licenses are easy to get.

Let me reiterate. It's already easy to get a gun. It's hard to carry a gun LEGALLY. Those that are fighting for the right to carry a gun legally are less likely to use it for illegal purposes.

Thank you so much for making the distinction. I hope they'll be able to understand what we are trying to change, or what we are trying to fight for. I don't want to shoot people for stealing my car but I want my character to be able to carry a gun legally and use it if she's in a life threatening situations. 
Which again happened a lot of times during my ic time. Though I'll not refer to ic happenings here because I do not want to metagame situations that are still ongoing. 

Edited by BullChan
13 minutes ago, BullChan said:

Again, first of all I'll ask you to keep calm and please don't insult the community like you have done just now and my previous thread. It is better to not insult people.
People will try to get a CCW as it is their right. Is it so hard to understand the constitution of United States which is a concept that applies for the server. 

I am calm, and I am not trying to insult anybody. But if anyone feels insulted by that specific statement, that is their problem. Now, as stated in my first post in this thread, it's clear that it's not someone's (constitutional) right to get a CCW, as the staff team has decided against it.

13 minutes ago, Miami said:

Transporting a firearm has a very specific definition under the SHAFT Act. It's just a bit harder, but with a bit of smooth talkin' you can probably conceal carry without getting in trouble ever, even if you get into a shooting.

5 minutes ago, BullChan said:

It is also really important to emphasize that the locales like Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, and outside of the city are really suffering from lack of rp. Most of the rp indeed happens in the city. 
Which bring the question of... 
"Is it alright to push legal rpers outside of the city?" like the server does with rules such as rules surrounding CCW. 

I actually wished more people roleplayed outside of the city, I used to do it when it was active and it was some of the most enjoyable roleplay I've had in the server. I'm just surprised that not a lot of people use the leniency granted by the specific provisions under the SHAFT Act as a reason to go out and open carry outside the city.

3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Just like weed legislation, sure. 

That is one thing that I wish the community has a lot more agency with deciding if they want recreational weed legalized.