[RAGE:MP] Server lost connection. Reconnecting.

ohshititsali

2 hours ago, Yass said:

Throwing my 2cents in as another Aussie:

The shift+tab technique used to work very well for me, I was able to get onto the server consistantly over the last 1-2 months (give or take) waiting until the game made its automatic 2nd attempt to connect to the server, hit shift+tab to open the steam menu, waited approximately 60-61 seconds before closing the steam overlay and 9 times out of 10 I would be at the login screen.

EDIT: It is important to note, in the process I have detailed above I would wait until the 'download complete' pop up appeared before I hit shift+tab.

Yesterday it took me about 10 attempts using the procedure above before I was finally able to get on. Today I've spent over 2 hours in total trying to connect to the server with absolutley no success.

It seems to work less often when the server has been open for a long time. I got in after about 30 minutes today, but it definitely took a few tries. The server doesn't crash as much anymore, which ironically makes it harder for Australians to play. 

13 hours ago, ohshititsali said:

Alrighty sir thanks for your answer, any recommended VPN from you personally? I hope its free tho xD

I found Tunnel Bear to be the best. You only have a 500mb limit for the free version, but as long as you don't download anything whilst using it you should be fine. I think you might be able to double this by following their social media channels.

Their paid version isn't so bad either, it's only $59.99 USD for a year's worth of unlimited data usage. And if you have multiple devices, you can use it on up to 5 of them which is pretty neat.

• taylor locked this topic