Proposed solution to the luxury cars epidemic. Registration, road tax and insurance.

Making supercars and sports cars more difficult to obtain... As a principle, I'm not necessarily against it. But adding dozens of layers of tediousness (because none of those create engaging RP), I'm not sure about it. Especially since it would mostly add farming, on top of the tedious administrative procedures. And especially since some cars are WAY OVERPRICED for what they are, so people would be punished as if they were driving an Aston Martin DB11 while they're really not (e.g.: Buffalo S). 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Making supercars and sports cars more difficult to obtain... As a principle, I'm not necessarily against it. But adding dozens of layers of tediousness (because none of those create engaging RP), I'm not sure about it. Especially since it would mostly add farming, on top of the tedious administrative procedures. And especially since some cars are WAY OVERPRICED for what they are, so people would be punished as if they were driving an Aston Martin DB11 while they're really not (e.g.: Buffalo S). 

Add this suggestion and ppl can no longer farm.

3 hours ago, norrig said:

-Vehicle registration

Each vehicle should cost a percentage of the initial price to register.

Say a vehicle costs 200.000. Within 24 hours of the purchase, you would need to visit a DMV (license place) and register it. Should cost a percentage of the initial price, say 20%. Without a vehicle registration, the vehicle would have no license plate and therefore be ICly illegal to drive. If caught, the vehicle should be impounded until registration is paid + a fine. 

Vehicle registration is probably a good start, I have to agree with you there. However, unregistering a vehicle should not remove the plates from the vehicle. It'll just be illegal to have them on whilst unregistered.

All the rest seems golden though. 

:1f44d:

46 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

... adding dozens of layers of tediousness (because none of those create engaging RP), I'm not sure about it.

I think I agree with this.

It's stated that "Increasing the purchase price of the vehicles won't help" yet the very first suggestion is to apply a 20% vehicle registration. Effectively increasing the price of the car by 20%.

The easiest and simplest solution would be to tax the vehicle automatically from the paycheck. Make it a % of the vehicle cost, or price by class or speed, any can work, but make it expensive. Ideally more than the actual paycheck itself unless they have a job that provides the cash to cover it.

This cuts down on all the bureaucracy and development.

It also works in-character too as you'll need to be employed in something high paying in order to be able to afford it. We see a player driving an expensive Af car, we know he's a lawyer or doctor. Or gangster.

Edited by Pan Grama
Accidentally clicked post.
27 minutes ago, Law said:

Vehicle registration is probably a good start, I have to agree with you there. However, unregistering a vehicle should not remove the plates from the vehicle. It'll just be illegal to have them on whilst unregistered.

All the rest seems golden though. 

:1f44d:

It makes 0 sense to have plates if your vehicle is unregistered. Also in my opinion registration should be done ONLY when you buy a new car from the dealership.

2 minutes ago, Rozi said:

It makes 0 sense to have plates if your vehicle is unregistered. Also in my opinion registration should be done ONLY when you buy a new car from the dealership.

I don't think there is "0 sense" to have plates if your vehicle is unregistered. Criminals may want to drive the unregistered vehicle like it's legal and avoid being traced whilst using the vehicle for a crime.

Or, people who don't think they'll get pulled over can drive the unregistered vehicle at a risk.