Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

On 2/11/2020 at 9:02 PM, Lmao said:

Preach, preach. People seem to think that if you step on someone who is criminally connected's shoe that they will come with an AK and gun you down outside of your house. The worst part is that people who commit the murders shrug it off like nothing, be that criminal, civilian or police. The act of murdering another person is one of, if not the worst thing you can do to someone. It is not something you shrug off and say "Okay, time to get coffee then".

tbh I've been lucky on my current character without any conflict ever since I made it. Primarily the whole DM situations rise from people who go 'i god big daddy d, im the boss of this server, i can just kill him/her, no feks given, he said im a prick while i have a gun so ill show him' - the whole notion of bringing out a gun at people over a minor thing is just dumb, it's what I would call 'overconfidence to the point of stupidity'. I mean, my character has had arguments with people, over social media and in person, some of them have been related to crime organisations, some have been just plain fellow civilians and its never gone past that. Some of these people who start these random killings are usually those who think 'I'm in a car i stole running from 4-5 police cars, if I stop i should be able to gun them down because i have a pistol too.' then just get decimated and use it as an excuse to avoid jail/prison, seen plenty of that while I was in PD.

Onto murders being committed by your character: While in PD, I had never ever EVER, seen someone RP any sort of trauma that comes from killing someone. They just went 'yeah lets get the coroners, units can clear' and after that there was nothing else RP'd related to it. The same problem goes out to gangs, crime organisations, civilians, they just run off like 'haha he ded' and more often than not those murders have been done in public places where there are lots of other people. People just don't realise that pointing a loaded gun ready to shoot at someone IRL alone drives fear and worry into your own mind, regardless of who you are. The last time a character of mine killed someone was while it was in PD and that was my first kill on GTA;W, which was done out of panic when the suspect she was chasing after pulled a gun and started shooting, the repercussions the character had were severe to the point where her trauma put her off public duty for two weeks, with additional ban from patrol, then ban from solo patrols, until she had shown full recovery which took nearly a month and even still after that the character had difficulties operating a gun.

When people start realising that we're trying to portray a realistic environment, PK's can be turned into CK's.. BUT.. at the moment I just see it as an excuse for morons to go on a CK frenzy.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:58 PM, Radhwan said:

If CKs become the only option after RPly dying, completely removing PKs, I think the qualifications for a CK should be upped and Life Sentences should be added for murder as to instill fear of going to jail for life in case you kill someone, there should defenitely be a balance, because a CK through murder renders the victim not playable ever, it completely finishes their story so why should the murderer get like a few days/weeks in prison instead of a life sentence? Those are my 2 cents.

Completely agree that things should be balanced out nonetheless.

To add one more idea on how things could be. Back in the day on some old-school RP servers, there was a rule, that by reaching 10 PKs you got a CK by your last death. 

While this has flaws just the same as other ideas, I could see this working if standards of role-play were placed just a bit higher. But I suppose that goes for every more or less same idea out there.