Motorcycle clubs and transferring.

Punked

Don't use a real club's name and image. Other than that, it's perfectly fine to have your members start as full patch, it's kinda hard not to. I suggest you start as nomads and work your way around the bottom rocker by development. But it's all up to you really.

You can use a real club and their image but be cautious about it. Few years back a actual club member had a lawyer contact management of FOCO/LSRP I believe and they almost had a lawsuit on their hands. If I were you and were wanting to start up a faction, just go with a uncommon MC that's not on the mainstream and roleplay setting up roots in a new area. You have two options you can do. Either automatically roleplay being patched into the MC or RP a NPC if you'd like from the mother chapter who's pushing you guys to get a patch over. 

But again, it's totally up to you! 

12 hours ago, R.Hout said:

You can use a real club and their image but be cautious about it. Few years back a actual club member had a lawyer contact management of FOCO/LSRP I believe and they almost had a lawsuit on their hands. If I were you and were wanting to start up a faction, just go with a uncommon MC that's not on the mainstream and roleplay setting up roots in a new area. You have two options you can do. Either automatically roleplay being patched into the MC or RP a NPC if you'd like from the mother chapter who's pushing you guys to get a patch over. 

But again, it's totally up to you! 

But there has been numerous successful instances such as Cosssacks, Vagos. I also think anyone with a background in the MC community knows the rumors about Hells Angels copyrighting their logo, name and that is correct. They've previously sued rappers for using an image that slightly resembled their death head, but It wouldn't be based on such a mainstream MC. 

Edited by Punked
3 hours ago, Punked said:

But there has been numerous successful instances such as Cosssacks, Vagos. I also think anyone with a background in the MC community knows the rumors about Hells Angels copyrighting their logo, name and that is correct. They've previously sued rappers for using an image that slightly resembled their death head, but It wouldn't be based on such a mainstream MC. 

Mainstream clubs have been done without issue, but HA is particularly litigious. I believe the lawyer himself said something along the lines of "this symbol isn't one you can play around with." It's a little bit crazy - the only instance of an actual organization threatening a roleplay server that I'm aware of.

If someone wants to do mainstream clubs, they should focus on stuff actually present in California in real life Barring one, of course. Some of them haven't really been roleplayed properly before.

Personally, I would never go for a real life MC. The simple answer is because it'd be very difficult to portray the IRL equivalent and people may bug you for minor improper portrayals. You'd have to be very cautious, two MCs here failed in attempting to portray a real life MC. I'd always start off original.

And as for the patch-over, I find that you'd lose a major stage of your development. You're better off grouping up with your pals in game, and establish a small nomadic chapter. Sew your new patches, etc.

Every single MC out there has their name and logo copyrighted, therefore using a real club's image is breaking the server's Plagiarizing rule. Not only that, but in the MC world it is viewed as highly disrespectful for someone that s not a member to use them. I've made a guide here explaining those aspects.

Edited by Fenrir

Long story short.

16 hours ago, Gall said:

Personally, I would never go for a real life MC. 

And as for the patch-over, I find that you'd lose a major stage of your development. You're better off grouping up with your pals in game, and establish a small nomadic chapter. Sew your new patches, etc.