QOL suggestions

Just a few quality-of-life suggestions I thought of over the past week.

1. Spawn ramp trucks with ramps up.
    When you spawn a ramp truck now, it'll spawn with the ramps down. However, the person who spawns it can't see that themselves, which makes it hard to remember to do the command to put them back up.

2. Let people in the business /VP business vehicles they don't own.
    This would be especially helpful for dealerships who park their cars after an opening since /dsvg will spawn the car where it was VP'ed. Of course, this would require the vehicle to be /vbusiness'ed.

3. Face presets for new characters.
    This one might be a little harder, but definitely would be popular for people who aren't that good at making faces. Just add a preset or three of both male and female faces that actually look male and female. Alternatively, could make it so that the randomizer picks from only male features for males and only female features for females.

4. Dealership vehicle examination (/dvex).
    /dvex would show the same general information as /vstats, but it would allow the customer to do the command themselves and see all the information they are looking for, including upgrades, mileage, and the price the dealership in question is selling the vehicle for. It would also allow the dealership to add notes to the vehicle, just like /vex, in case they want to add any extra information like scratches, dents, smell, etc.

5. Easier phone password entry.
    This probably isn't a huge issue for 80% of people in the server, but for those of us with more than one phone that we have to switch between, it would be awesome if we could use our num pads to enter the phone passwords.
Edited by ChloeNguyen
slight touchups
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 6/12/2023 at 3:37 AM, ChloeNguyen said:

Just a few quality-of-life suggestions I thought of over the past week.

1. Spawn ramp trucks with ramps up.
    When you spawn a ramp truck now, it'll spawn with the ramps down. However, the person who spawns it can't see that themselves, which makes it hard to remember to do the command to put them back up.

2. Let people in the business /VP business vehicles they don't own.
    This would be especially helpful for dealerships who park their cars after an opening since /dsvg will spawn the car where it was VP'ed. Of course, this would require the vehicle to be /vbusiness'ed.

3. Face presets for new characters.
    This one might be a little harder, but definitely would be popular for people who aren't that good at making faces. Just add a preset or three of both male and female faces that actually look male and female. Alternatively, could make it so that the randomizer picks from only male features for males and only female features for females.

4. Dealership vehicle examination (/dvex).
    /dvex would show the same general information as /vstats, but it would allow the customer to do the command themselves and see all the information they are looking for, including upgrades, mileage, and the price the dealership in question is selling the vehicle for. It would also allow the dealership to add notes to the vehicle, just like /vex, in case they want to add any extra information like scratches, dents, smell, etc.

5. Easier phone password entry.
    This probably isn't a huge issue for 80% of people in the server, but for those of us with more than one phone that we have to switch between, it would be awesome if we could use our num pads to enter the phone passwords.

1. It's a sync issue, doubt it will be fixable, and if it will be, it might take a lot of time just for this small thing. It will be looked, but I can't promise anything.

2. Sounds easy, will be looked into as well.

3. You can already (kinda) do it via menyoo import option that was added with the latest (3.3.3) update. If you don't have any character exports laying around, you can either grab it from one of your friends (if they have any), or look for some on Discord servers/gta5mods for example. There is no point at making few presets that are

4. I don't see a point of doing it, we already have /vex, and you can also do /vstats [target] if I remember correctly.

5. The issue is that it will work for some people, and for some it will not, due to RAGE:MP CEF issue with handling keybinds for browsers. I tried to do that earlier, and for 5 people that were testing it (excluding me) it didn't worked for 2 of them. It might be looked into, but (like previously) I can't promise anything.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, 808Masterus said:

1. It's a sync issue, doubt it will be fixable, and if it will be, it might take a lot of time just for this small thing. It will be looked, but I can't promise anything.

2. Sounds easy, will be looked into as well.

3. You can already (kinda) do it via menyoo import option that was added with the latest (3.3.3) update. If you don't have any character exports laying around, you can either grab it from one of your friends (if they have any), or look for some on Discord servers/gta5mods for example. There is no point at making few presets that are

4. I don't see a point of doing it, we already have /vex, and you can also do /vstats [target] if I remember correctly.

5. The issue is that it will work for some people, and for some it will not, due to RAGE:MP CEF issue with handling keybinds for browsers. I tried to do that earlier, and for 5 people that were testing it (excluding me) it didn't worked for 2 of them. It might be looked into, but (like previously) I can't promise anything.

1. Don't worry too hard about it if it can't be done, but it would still be amazing if it were fixed.

2. Amazing! this makes our jobs so much easier before and after openings.
Also!!!! make this a toggleable feature! set by default to off. I'm pretty sure companies like IMEX, PD Bluewater, etc don't want their vehicles VPed.

3. I didn't even know this was an option. thank you for letting me know.

4. Half of the point, is the customers being able to see the entire spec sheet on their own. currently, you cannot /vstats without 1. owning the business personally or through a business. and 2. getting into said vehicle. if /dvex was added, it would allow customers to see the Stats without a salesperson being present. 
That being said, if you still do not see a point in adding it, I'm not gonna huff and puff and blow the doors down.

5. That's odd. understandable if you can't get it to work, though adding it as an option and working on it to iron out bugs in the future is an option. or. /phpassword 1234? just popped into my head now