[1870] Former Senator's Staffer denies conspiracy allegations and explains her story

KiLE-VH3hO2V-fTrncvb1FJRZXzKrEqo4c4xzHLgIZssbntCHiSETZzH0H0aAZydKafO7hCSa2eaRe2xD4oqct-kBukraoXOgYlgRx731gYp9hdEFmsD1NnoMapf6caaH0ATW7AE

DxNNC-YqMuCnWjJVFG0Vgu0OYVI5lju3SNpglrXKZ8ctZF60LYziZrre4jlUPizSFlA9_KM3yFYNCLKes1kF553Y1ICaZ0-lk3ZVzjA0KepWjdXLMJkgyP6ZAiqVFTebQ1kK4RcX

May 19, 2023 | NEWS

Former Senator's Staffer denies conspiracy allegations and explains her story

This Wednesday, in the early hours of the morning, Luca Giraldi released a recording that highlights a vocal exchange. In the written post, he recites an elaborate explanation of the events, in which he dons good graces, noble intent, and embellishes himself as a man of the people. The story invariably provoked the readers, and it evokes a gnawing curiosity about it - how would this story be told by the accused woman from the recording? 

As made apparent today, Luca Giraldi resigned on his own accord to prevent his incoming impeachment. The aforementioned recording was released two days ago in an open letter - and here, the accused young woman elaborates on the story. 

We established contact with the woman, and she explained the story in-depth; from the beginning of the night, to the very end of it, and the consequential aftermath. She will be referred to as Ellen.

"The threats against me... Were subtle to say the least; I'm sure he'd deny the accusation, but... I just wanted to bring some context to why I hadn't reached out. I thought about getting a lawyer. For defamation. Especially now. Well, he outright said, if I was to do anything that pushed him further, he'd make sure to make my life rather difficult. " Told us Ellen when our journalists inquired; according to her words, Luca Giraldi warned her that if she were to speak about the events on any legal, social or media platform, consequences would follow. 

"Well... After he had met with Senator Rossi, which... Seemed to be more of an act of desperation? Senator Giraldi had made it clear to me. He would fold on his stance, against the death penalty, if Rossi was to consider abstaining from the vote." Ellen continued to enlighten us - during her time alongside Luca Gilradi, she told us that she felt as if handling his impeachment was solely placed on her, and her only - she shared how Luca Giraldi schemed, and that he tried to "bargain" to earn votes in his favor. Next, we asked about the night in which all of it occurred. 

"It started with him telling me that  I need to "learn how to drive." And that, even if I was a "woman staffer", I could do a "decent job". He had mentioned as we started driving, that if I was a "yes woman", he'd have me fired, immediately." Ellen explained, as they set out for a drive - this was after Luca Giraldi had shown her his recently acquired property in the hills, which he renovates. During this whole night, Luca had been incredibly affected by the recent course of events - tension was rapidly brewing, and he was prone to outbursts. Ellen was trying to maintain a sense of dignity around him, but she found it hard - he was armed with a firearm. 

The evening continued, and Luca Gilradi would endlessly ramble about distinct members of the Senate being traitors, claiming that the entire city is after him, and how the rules aren't a guideline that he follows during the ride. Ellen had initially asked him if he would like to be driven and left at home, but he refused. During the ride, Ellen also told us how Senator Luca labeled her as part of a "lower hierarchy" - comments along the lines of her being "beneath him", as he worded them, were often thrown around. Following this drive, Luca Giraldi had taken himself and Ellen to his home - a beach apartment, where he would show her a rich collection of art. Once inside, she was told to be barefoot and was provided with a substantially strong drink. 

Ellen shared the depth of Luca's character; how he was demanding, assertive, and sometimes, violent. She felt obliged to do her job, and if that would entail tolerating his behavior - so be it, even if she didn't know she would be subjected to continuous abuse. "I was off-put. And I'm not so easily moved to be awkward. The man does have his ways of making one feel uncomfortable. Pressured. And— I suppose I felt... Obligated, to some extent, to satisfy his needs." 

And the story comes to a halt - here plays the recording, and it twists the event - the situation escalates, and Giraldi kicks her out, and fires her; a reasonable assumption would be that the story ends here, but it gradually progresses into more. After being fired on the spot, she gets employed anew, and pawned off to Senator Isabel Garcia, who according to Ellen, was also subjected to Giraldi's maniacal and psychotic outbursts and deceit.

On the following day, Ellen is brought into Senator Garcia's office, where Giraldi shows the well-known recording, and he accuses her of being a "spy" for a political rivalry, or as she told us, "he told me he knew my game". After pleading that she was no spy, and that she's entertaining no plot, Luca refused to believe such - still, he remained adamant and convinced that this was a "ruse". Once again, Ellen was fired, screamed at, and continuously called a "lying bitch", and told that she would never again set foot in the Senate. Since then, Ellen hasn't been working as a Staffer - but she comes forward, as she believes it is the rightful thing to do, to expose a man that hides beneath a cloak of false righteousness, good morals, and wears a veil over his true face. 

The story of Ellen aligns with Luca Giraldi's recording - she does not deny it. But she openly denies his allegations and conspiracies - he claims that this is all a plot, a theatre in which she is an undercover envoy, a spy sent by his political rivalries. Ellen describes herself as a professional, and that she was striving to do good work for the Senators - it was a demanding workplace, and she ought to be able to meet certain expectations. Repetitively called a spy, Ellen continuously denies such an allegation - Luca claimed she had ulterior motives, a web of deceit to serve her own interests, but the former Staffer denies all of it. "I didn't understand. My interests were to do good work. To consult. To be a staffer, for the Democratic Party, to all extent. And I was. I was a damn good worker... I was prompt. Timely. And loyal."

This chapter has come to an end - earlier this morning, shortly after the hearing that took place in the Capitol, which lasted more than five hours, Luca Giraldi forwarded his resignment. He is no longer a representative of District 33, and the Chairwoman of the Democratic party Diana Jones announced the end of his tenure. 

RbEgPY5.png

If you have a story or concern, get in touch at [email protected] ((@starcaller))

1870 is a product of LSN

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by starcaller
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1

Username:  R.Pasovic

Comment: Another great piece by Miss Andreeva, its always wonderful to see in-depth and audience captivating writing and she hits the nail on the head each time! Should the Democrats be focused on getting people working together with both sides we can finally get stuff done in this state.