[1870] "I realized that they're doing foul play." Senator Brandenburg addresses the DA Office's budget controversy and the call to impeach Senator Giraldi

KiLE-VH3hO2V-fTrncvb1FJRZXzKrEqo4c4xzHLgIZssbntCHiSETZzH0H0aAZydKafO7hCSa2eaRe2xD4oqct-kBukraoXOgYlgRx731gYp9hdEFmsD1NnoMapf6caaH0ATW7AE

DxNNC-YqMuCnWjJVFG0Vgu0OYVI5lju3SNpglrXKZ8ctZF60LYziZrre4jlUPizSFlA9_KM3yFYNCLKes1kF553Y1ICaZ0-lk3ZVzjA0KepWjdXLMJkgyP6ZAiqVFTebQ1kK4RcX

May 15, 2023 | NEWS

Senator Brandenburg addresses the DA Office's budget controversy and the call to impeach Senator Giraldi

i2TPZcE.png

Republican Senator Andrew Brandenburg

Republican Senator Andrew Brandenburg discusses and addresses the recent events that have taken place in an interview with 1870; the budget denial of the District Attorney's Office, the impeachment of Democratic Senator Luca Giraldi, and the political feuds.

In the last weeks of April, Senator Brandenburg introduced a bill that sought to appropriate funds for the Office of the Los Santos District Attorney for the period of Q2, otherwise known as LSDA Q2 APPROPRIATIONS ACT OF 2023Following shortly, Senator Luca Giraldi submitted an edited act that severely cut the DA Office's budget and according to him, it was shortened by seventy percent.

As of today, Senator Andrew Brandenburg addressed the matter publicly; following the Lt. Governor Noah Wade's call for the removal of Luca Giraldi, whom he refers to as the "conspiracy theorist of District 33", Brandenburg brought to attention his thoughts on the matter, along with a Senate Resolution, referred to as S.R. 37 - Resolution to investigate and impeach Senator Luca Giraldi.

5CXtbMx.pngZA1MnV8.png

Source; FaceBrowser

For the following interview, Senator Andrew Brandenburg will be referred to with the initials A.B, respectfully, and the journalist will refer to herself as V.A.

V.A: I'm so glad you agreed to come today. Let's talk politics. I believe you know why I have called you in today - tension has been rapidly brewing lately, and it began escalating to newer heights as of today. Let's talk about one of your peers at the Senate, Luca Giraldi. As we've seen before, Democrats and Republicans have always contended to maintain a common ground; and in this case, the correspondence seems far more convoluted. What do you think of Luca Giraldi? 

A.B: I believe that Senator Giraldi joined a game that he did not understand at all, or he just had a flawed understanding of what being a Senator means. I can safely say that Senator Giraldi put on a hat too big for him, and, to this day, he fails to understand that making a lot of noise just to fill up your political agenda isn't a good long-term way of maintaining the faux image of being a hero. While he raises a lot of ruckus, claiming he does so in the interest of the people, we can clearly see that his actions actually cause the contrary. Constantly picking up fights, nitpicking and gnawing, does nothing but harm the Senate's workflow, ergo, leading to prolonged sessions for a simple majority which, eventually, leads to a blockage. Once the blockage comes, budgets are put on hold, bills are stalled because of constant nitpicking, what does he do? He blames the Republicans. When the Republicans defend themselves and put him in his place he calls them fascists. Because he has no logical argument left. Let's not forget that Luca Giraldi is the one Senator that voted against a bill sponsored by his own party, just because they probably had some internal strife. So, apart from acting immature during Senate meetings, Senator Giraldi also puts his own ego higher than important things, higher than the people, higher than the State.

V.A: In an interview with the ‘LS Insider’, Senator Giraldi admitted to defunding law enforcement agencies, and that he cut seventy percent of the DA Office’s budget. Why do you think that is?

A.B: That night I realized how the Democrats really play. A few weeks prior, Diana Jones came to me to ask for a bipartisan effort on a bill. I was open for discussion, but did not give her an answer straight away.. That night, with the DA Office's budget, I realized that they're doing foul play. It was the only night the Democrats had a majority over the Republicans, and their attitude was absolutely different from how it was prior to that. They wanted no compromise, no middle ground. That made me realize that the bipartisanship was just a mask that they were wearing in order to get us to help them. Once they didn't need us, they had no intent to show bipartisanship or compromise. Other than that, that whole DA Office budget thing was clear foul play. As you can see on the Senate's public platform, a few minutes after the session ended, Senator Giraldi sponsored a bill to fund the remaining seventy percent that he cut. So, that can mean only two things. They either just wanted to stall everything and nitpick at the DA's Office, or they wanted to submit the bill themselves to pose as heroes. Anyway, whatever that was, it did nothing but hinder the prosecution in this State and, of course, to destroy any chance of bipartisanship until the day Giraldi resigns or is impeached. So, yes, in short, they stalled everything and created a ruse, just to fill up the political agenda, not giving a damn about the damage they caused.

V.A: Let's move on to the most recent events. First the Governor called for Luca's impeachment, and now you officially push the resolution. Elaborate on the motive with a few words.

A.B: Lieutenant Governor Wade called for Giraldi's impeachment due to Giraldi having no respect for the State Executives and because he said absurd things, accusing Noah Wade of authoritarian attitude, when, in fact, Wade issued an Executive Order for budgets, because the Senate was unable to meet in that month. So, basically, Noah Wade saved the State budgets and Giraldi comes and calls him a dictator. Also, probably the most dangerous thing, Giraldi wants to amend the Constitution. Basically, he says that the Constitution is not good enough. Modifying the Constitution, the fundamental act that guarantees our freedoms, can create a very dangerous precedent. If you modify it now to cut from the Lieutenant Governor's rights, you might as well modify it next time to cut fundamental rights from the people. And, of course, Noah Wade knows this and realizes how absurd and how dangerous Giraldi's plans can be. Add that to the circus he created in the Senate, and, of course, he called for Giraldi's impeachment. However, their personal strife does not concern me. The decision to work on this impeachment resolution was mine alone, and I also discussed it with my colleagues, presenting them both sides of the coin. After Giraldi's interview, when he started lying again, I decided it was time to put a stop to his nonsense.

V.A: We witness a constant feud on the social media platforms, and I must ask - are the interactions with Senator Geraldi just as tense when you're corresponding in the Senate? 

A.B: Well, I can say that Senator Giraldi is one man, and Luca Giraldi is another. Those things you see in the Senate? Just a ruse. Circus made to impress his voters and make it look like he's actually doing something.

V.A: When and if Senator Giraldi gets impeached, what future does the Democratic caucus have, in your opinion? They are already a minority, and losing a representative might prove to be crucial for them.

A.B: Well, if Giraldi gets impeached, I believe it will be a great time for Diana Jones to reflect on the people she chooses for her team. Giraldi was never an elected Senator, as I am, or as Senator Rossi is. He was appointed. He never passed through the most important filter, and that is the people. The vote of the people, their decision, is the most important factor that validates a Senator. Anyway, without Giraldi, probably the Democrats will want to parley again and they will again seek "bipartisanship".

V.A: Is there anything you'd like to tell the citizens of Los Santos?

A.B: All I can say to the people of San Andreas is that we'll always be in their service. Whatever we do, we do in the greater interest of the people. Political games, circus like Giraldi creates, do nothing but put the welfare of the people at risk. And that is why we will stop this.

RbEgPY5.png

If you have a story or concern, get in touch at [email protected] ((@starcaller))

1870 is a product of LSN

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

• Upvote 16
  • Applaud 1

Username: LucaGiraldiOfficial

Comment:

He casually forgot to mention that this "right of the Lieutenant Governor" to appropriate funds through an executive order, exists nowhere else but in San Andreas.

This is logically prohibited in every other of the 49 States of the Union, and on a federal level aswell by the very Constitution.

Why? Because it is a substantial breach of the separation of powers. Because it endangers our very democracy.

The only thing that stops the Executive branch from taking over the whole system and the whole State without confirmation of the Senate which represents THE PEOPLE, is the power of the purse, the power to appropriate funds, and distribute money, which should be held only by the Legislative branch (our Senate).

Cutting this right that should have never thing, not only does not endanger the rights of the people of our State, it FURTHERS them, and protects them.

Moreover he said that amending the Constitution creates a dangerous precedent? What 😂? Not like the Constitution of the United States has 27 of them, right?

Edited by Kappaurel