Special BMX

Boogiee

Hi

So one time I was strolling around in Davis when I saw a pimped out BMX appear on my screen. I don't know what else to define it as. It had golden rims and just looked so fly. Ever since that day I've hit all type of admins up, trying to see if anyone know how it's possible. 

Things I tried:
1, Go through every rim and color change of the rims for the BMX ()
2, Even try different bicycles and do the same ^^ ()

I know I wasn't delusional when I saw this! Unfortunately I didn't get no screenshots and my shadowplay was disabled, but I do have a screenshot of another bike that resembles it a lot. 

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

image.png

Edited by Boogiee
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, HRH said:

appearently you are able to change it in the mechanics menu, maybe worth to check that menu as well. 

The mechanic player owned, right? Cause that's where I went to do it 😞 I scrolled through must've been like a lot of rims and colors.

But thank you! If anything and I did it wrong, I hope you can clarify a litte. 

Bless!

Try editing the trim colour under the new repaint menu. Trim, dashboard re-colour options are a thing now, it could potentially work on the BMX/other bicycles too. Other than that, it's going to be a case of trial and error with the other mod options via the mod menu. I think I remember speaking to you IG about this too, definitely a strange one! 

Edit: @Boogiee Do you have any BMX/Vehicle mods? The image you put in the OP shows the BMX with stunt pegs, which isn't vanilla. Could that be what's showing the rim colours? I've tried playing around with the mech mod menu and can't replicate it. I also remember a roleplayed scenario with a customer at the garage who tried to get gold spokes on their BMX, this didn't work for them. I'm pretty sure it's not a feature, but there are many tutorials online showing glitches for GTA:O to change the colour of stockrims. But these methods can't be replicated on GTA:W as you'd need to switch between single player, or make use of the iFruit app which I don't even think exists anymore. 

Edited by $$
4 hours ago, $$ said:

Edit: @Boogiee Do you have any BMX/Vehicle mods? The image you put in the OP shows the BMX with stunt pegs, which isn't vanilla. Could that be what's showing the rim colours? I've tried playing around with the mech mod menu and can't replicate it. I also remember a roleplayed scenario with a customer at the garage who tried to get gold spokes on their BMX, this didn't work for them. I'm pretty sure it's not a feature, but there are many tutorials online showing glitches for GTA:O to change the colour of stockrims. But these methods can't be replicated on GTA:W as you'd need to switch between single player, or make use of the iFruit app which I don't even think exists anymore. 

Thank you for your answer! Very helpful! I’ll try your method and let you know 😊

The picture isnt from this server, but it’s the closest looking one that resembles the pimp bike I saw. I don’t play with mods though, so I’m certain what I saw was authentic.

• Upvote 1

Hey, the only reason I can think of is a bug that used to happen some years ago on another RAGE server I used to play. Back then there was a very small chance when if you spawned your car it could appear as a completely different model but with the colors and rims that are supposed to be on the correct car. Now I don't know if this is still a thing or if it even occurs on World but that might have been it. I remember a friend once spawning their car in which turned out to be a pink base game SD cruiser with some sports class rims. And as for that picture you included, it's most likely this mod in case you want to suggest it to be added: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/bmx-edit.

Edited by Uniquee
  • 4 months later...