Advertisement rules - Mugging

Right so I'm aware that you cannot bait people to rob/scam them through advertisement. However I'm suggesting that this rule is explained in depth or specifically added and let me explain how.

If a person is either a buyer or a seller but throughout the way of the advertising something LEGAL, lets say they're selling a car. I believe that if a person is selling etiher weapons/drugs to people that contact them because of their advertisement should still be ABLE to be robbed and not protected by the mugging rule.

I got it clarified and asked ingame through the support system, and you're not allowed to scam/rob someone selling/buying weapons that you got contact from them offering a completely X service like selling lockpicks or other services through the adverts. And this is what I suggest is changed.

I'm not sure how exactly I would name/call the rule but if the players are communicating about trading a different thing which is considered ILLEGAL should be liable to be mugged/scammed.

Edited by Ijustwanttobegood

17) Advertisement Rules

You may NOT use /ad for the following under any circumstances;

• looking for work ads, which can be put on the forums;
  • ads looking for roommates;
  • illegal advertisements of any kind;
  • ads selling or buying legal firearms or other legal weapons outside of a licensed business;
  • ads regarding the selling/buying of machetes
  • selling/buying bugs/trackers
  • ads selling/buying extended clips
  • ads regarding selling/buying narco checks
  • asking for rides;
  • making requests;
  • asking questions.
2 minutes ago, Pogis said:

17) Advertisement Rules

• ads selling or buying legal firearms or other legal weapons outside of a licensed business;
  • asking for rides;
  • making requests;
  • asking questions.

You didn't read what I said. Plus people bypass that by offering "Tools, scraps and metal objects", and you see people constantly selling lockpicks via ads because it isn't moderated by admins if it's a legal business or not (obv not) and then they offer other stuff.

TL:DR people that buy/sell illegal items through advertisement means but bypassing by pretending it's a legal advertisement should be liable to robberies

Edited by Ijustwanttobegood
2 hours ago, Pogis said:

17) Advertisement Rules

• asking for rides;
  • making requests;
  • asking questions.

There's been a recent incident in which someone was mugged/robbed after responding to an advertisement, and a technicality was allowed to justify no punishment for the act. There needs to be air-tight protections against advertisements being used in any way to lure someone in the direction of a mugging/robbery.

9 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

There's been a recent incident in which someone was mugged/robbed after responding to an advertisement, and a technicality was allowed to justify no punishment for the act. There needs to be air-tight protections against advertisements being used in any way to lure someone in the direction of a mugging/robbery.

Agreed, but I still think that people who use "legal" ads to bypass the advert system in order to sell drugs/weapons should be liable to get robbed though.

23 hours ago, Ijustwanttobegood said:

Agreed, but I still think that people who use "legal" ads to bypass the advert system in order to sell drugs/weapons should be liable to get robbed though.

I mean, selling illegal items through /ad is not allowed in and of itself. We shouldn't allow it when doing so is against the rules in the first place.

1 hour ago, Ijustwanttobegood said:

Yes but people bypass that by posting legal ads and when you SMS them they offer to sell drugs/guns.

That's true but our response should be to crack down on these, as they're breaking the rules, not promote even more unrealistic muggings as if we didn't have enough. That's my opinion anyway.