Toxicity Rule.

tampaaa

57 minutes ago, Aluiries said:

-1 My question is… why insult people to begin with? If you don’t like someone or if you have an issue with them, there is literally no need to insult them on an OOC basis. Respect and common courtesy is something freely given tbh. 

This is a game full of violence where you can do all sorts of crimes. Insulting someone and pure toxicity are different because if you sit and insult someone that called you a mean name there's no reason to report. Toxicity is harassing someone and going out of your way to be rude to them. People get banned for insulting someone which most of the time it has a backstory on why they said those words.

It's not hard to block someone and there's no need to be very sensitive about it. If you get banned for insulting someone and it results in a permanent ban doesn't that sound crazy? We're from GTA and discord.

14 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

What's wrong with being expected to remain respectful and calm towards others? imo no amount of background or frustration validates anyone becoming a human cactus, spontaneous or otherwise. 

Okay but people are getting permanent banned even when it's their first offense over insulting someone. Toxicity could mean that you're harassing someone and actually going out of your way to talk shit. Insulting someone is just calling someone a mean name or something and just moving on. Plus, this is a roleplay game, if something is ruining your roleplay go ahead. Toxicity doesn't ruin anyone's roleplay unless the roleplay is halted due to someone using /b insults. People literally get permanent banned for insulting someone, and like I said if this is a rule shouldn't it NOT be a automatic perm ban? What kind of roleplay game makes toxicity a rule, pretty sensitive it's not like your getting doxxed or whatever.

3 minutes ago, tampaaa said:

This is a game full of violence where you can do all sorts of crimes. Insulting someone and pure toxicity are different because if you sit and insult someone that called you a mean name there's no reason to report. Toxicity is harassing someone and going out of your way to be rude to them. People get banned for insulting someone which most of the time it has a backstory on why they said those words.

It's not hard to block someone and there's no need to be very sensitive about it. If you get banned for insulting someone and it results in a permanent ban doesn't that sound crazy? We're from GTA and discord.

I am sorry, but just because a game and/or setting contains violence and other explicit content isn’t excuse to start insulting people OOC. While people could be overly sensitive you don’t know their personal circumstances or situations. While blocking and ignoring people is the way to go, I don’t think removing punishments for this type of behaviour is the solution. 
Matters where someone is insulting another OOC should be handled on a case by case basis. If the person creating a report wants to create a report, that’s their full right. It will be up to any admin to determine the severity of a punishment, if any. 

12 minutes ago, tampaaa said:

Okay but people are getting permanent banned even when it's their first offense over insulting someone. Toxicity could mean that you're harassing someone and actually going out of your way to talk shit. Insulting someone is just calling someone a mean name or something and just moving on. Plus, this is a roleplay game, if something is ruining your roleplay go ahead. Toxicity doesn't ruin anyone's roleplay unless the roleplay is halted due to someone using /b insults. People literally get permanent banned for insulting someone, and like I said if this is a rule shouldn't it NOT be a automatic perm ban? What kind of roleplay game makes toxicity a rule, pretty sensitive it's not like your getting doxxed or whatever.

No ban (barring a select group of offenders) is truly permanent, and that's the model the admin team has gone for the last year or so. And the rules don't actually mention toxicity, it's just a catch-all term to categorize behavior. The rules are pretty simple, all they expect from you is to remain calm and respectful and ask you not to insult other players. If you wanna talk shit, do it with friends and not stranger you don't know. 

Edited by eTaylor
17 minutes ago, Aluiries said:

I am sorry, but just because a game and/or setting contains violence and other explicit content isn’t excuse to start insulting people OOC. While people could be overly sensitive you don’t know their personal circumstances or situations. While blocking and ignoring people is the way to go, I don’t think removing punishments for this type of behaviour is the solution. 
Matters where someone is insulting another OOC should be handled on a case by case basis. If the person creating a report wants to create a report, that’s their full right. It will be up to any admin to determine the severity of a punishment, if any. 

I want it to be removed, but if it can't be removed it shouldn't be a automatic permanent ban like I mentioned.

21 minutes ago, tampaaa said:

A lot of people actually do get permanent banned for this stupid rule, should only be a permanent ban if you're overly harassing them not because someone insulted you.

I don't know if you've posted one before, but do you happen to have an example of someone who got permanently banned solely for a simple insult? 

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

I don't know if you've posted one before, but do you happen to have an example of someone who got permanently banned solely for a simple insult? 

me LOL, literally insulted someone and got pbanned. like i just called this man a snitch bitch and got pbanned bro

3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You just randomly called someone a snitch bitch and got banned just like that? 

it was something like "snitch ass dude, why are you being a crybaby and reporting me for something I didn't do?" i just insulted him ingame and discord once and got banned

• Wuhtah locked this topic