Quick /examine

croozerdog

Implement a quick way to see a short version for commands like /examine without having to type out commands.

My suggestion is when you hold a button, for example leftalt, it shows a short description of /examine. Could also be used to see that above /cim questionmarks so you don't have to drive/walk through them to see some graffiti or car descriptions. It can be in the same style as /ame's, just a little popup or line of text above the person, /cim or car.

Since character descriptions are sometimes quite long, I suggest a seperate entry for a short description, a maximum of one or two lines.

My whole point is that making it easier to read people's notes on their characters and vehicles is bound to get more interaction.

I found an example! An old San Andreas server I played on had this and it's visible on this random screenshot I stole. He toggled it, so he can see the description of the car he's in. This dissapears when not holding alt in my suggestion. It makes it way easier to see whatsup with cars. You could also use it for a "for sale" sign on your car that's bound to get seen more when people don't have to use a command or you can use it to show important damage, just some examples.hnK1PE5.png

This server died and they've open sourced the script so it's okay to steal their ideas ( :

Edited by croozerdog