Farm Script Job Overhaul - Suggestion

The Wisp Mother

af3e75-12.jpg

I would like to propose a complete rework of the Farming scriptjob, something that will make Farm Roleplay more fun, realistic and expand the capabilities whilst enticing players into a more varied type of roleplay.  When you start farming you're given a 30 minute window to complete your farm job, it's quite difficult to roleplay realisticly within this time window without having it time out on you and cancel the job. This suggestions aims to increase the roleplay abilities of farming and add more to the economy, utilising more of San Andreas's Country

Proposed Changes

- Increase the time limit of the /starfarm job to an hour, or remove the limit all together

- Add new locations to the farm script, allowing for different types of farming

- Create a profession tier list, similar to trucking where you have to work your way up to use different trucks. However in this instance it would be, increasing tier by completeing jobs and unlocking new levels such as Apprentice, Novice and Master Farmer. Each rank would slightly decrease the time taken to complete the farm job and unlock new crops and higher yeilds for previous levels. Such as getting 15 or 20 grain for completeing a standard farm job. 

- Proposed crop additions could be, Tomatos, Potatoes, Carrots, Pumpkins. Designs for these icons could be created by me if needed. 

- Crops would be able to be sold at the Farmers Market in Paleto Bay to businesses that put in requests, or sold to the script location at the farm.

- Remove the government lock that stops you from gaining money from farming if you have over a certain amount in assets

- Open up more farm patches to grow more crops, possibly increasing a growth time depending on crops and season.

- Farm factions could be created where employees gather crops for the faction, which they then turn into produce and sell

- With the upcoming Liberty City server, it could be possible to setup a faction around farming? Allowing th export of crops across server as Liberty City doesn't have any room for farming.

- Create a virtual market where farming factions can export goods through port authority to Liberty City. Adding some kind of menu or window for businesses in Liberty City to request certain yeilds and products

Edited by The Wisp Mother
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2

This is sick. Something I suggested LONG ago along with a revamp of the component system.

I have a mini farm and at the moment, I'll be using the PM business item scheme to get veggies and such from it. There's a lot more to it than just planting and go though.

For example crop yields, disease, season based growing, irrigation and so on. A lot of that is better done via RP than it is relying on a script and the scheme will allow you to customize how much you realistically get and roleplay beyond the scope of what the script can provide. I use /roll to determine this with handicaps to disease and so on.

I'd also not be a super fan of this remaining in the tutorial farming system, as we already see a ton of new players storm up to the spot and grind farming while they learn and make some cash, it's a little immersion breaking to extend that up to Grapeseed as well. I don't want to see tractors on the highway.

Having levels is all well and good but again, many people grind the levels like trucking and don't bother doing what the character is/would be capable of. I'm a little on the fence of introducing more RPG like elements, but in some places it's a benefit.

I'd also make it an optional script, rather than picking a ton of areas to just place it. I'd like people to be able to request/lease farmland and have the script if they want it.

Otherwise I think this is a good discussion starter!