Remove /gloves and replace it to be equipped through an actual item.

Hendrixx20

Detailed Description 

Remove the /gloves command and replace it with an actual script item, only keep it open for LEO's since they actually have gloves on their duty belts and vehicle, as well as Fire Department and Coroners and such factions.

Most crimes now are leading to a dead end because whoever commits it just randomly slides a glove out of nowhere and equips it on, which makes it harder for everyone from the Legal side, such as Arson, firefights and such other investigations.

Most of the lead of a dead end because whenever the aforementioned evidence is tested for prints and DNA, it leads to a dead point simply because someone Metagamed and abused the /gloves script before committing the crime within seconds to put on a glove which I feel is just....Frustrating and abusing.

Relevant Commands/Items Remove /glove and make it an actual script item which can be bought from clothing store or somewhere or just have it on your outfit slot to make it easier for everyone.

How will it benefit the server? QoL, less abusing and more enjoyable investigations for Legal factions such as SFM, and Detectives.

Below are suggestions regarding the /gloves command as well, which may be able to mixed with my current suggestion, possibly making a better and enhanced script/system.

• Upvote 4

I agree. Fingerprints are important evidence, so it makes sense to have an actual glove item.

Edit: It should not be a LEO-only thing. IMO, /glove command itself (and its variants) shouldn't be touched either, but would require the script item to be utilized, similar to how /mask works.

Edited by $hadow
  • Upvote 2

They're also 'just' torsos in the game, so do you want to keep people from making an outfit for riding a motorcycle without gloves? At that rate you'll need all clothes to be an item because covering up tattoos (as an example) is powergaming without having the actual item in the inventory too.

I'm all for realism and if criminals that wouldn't normally wear gloves, do solely because of the command /gloves being available, then that has to be addressed, but I think this suggestion, while it has a point, opens up a whole can of worms of where clothing items can lead to all sorts of potential abuse.

I think removing all parameters from /gloves, apart from /gloves none and forcing people to make the outfit they want WITH the gloves in it, so they can only take them off, instead of quickly slipping on a pair from the void is a more viable solution.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

They're also 'just' torsos in the game, so do you want to keep people from making an outfit for riding a motorcycle without gloves? At that rate you'll need all clothes to be an item because covering up tattoos (as an example) is powergaming without having the actual item in the inventory too.

No one is forced to make a torso with a leather glove for example to ride his bike, all kind of gloves which are included in /gloves can be included as an item, fingered ones and closed ones, it won't be limiting anyone from anything to be honest. 

As simple as that, you can freely create whatever you wish to wear on your daily bike ride along with your scripted glove, easier and more convenient than just /me slides out his pair of leather gloves? *From where did you get them? Do you walk around with all kind of gloves?*

5 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

I'm all for realism and if criminals that wouldn't normally wear gloves, do solely because of the command /gloves being available, then that has to be addressed, but I think this suggestion, while it has a point, opens up a whole can of worms of where clothing items can lead to all sorts of potential abuse.

This won't be affecting any clothing at all, Instead it even enhances it more and more.

For ex, my current main character is an LEO, whenever I'm out, I see people walking around with gloves. (MC gangs excluded ofc) Which is just triggering and unrealistic, having an actual Glove item, which takes part of your inventory space is much more realistic.

8 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

I think removing all parameters from /gloves, apart from /gloves none and forcing people to make the outfit they want WITH the gloves in it, so they can only take them off, instead of quickly slipping on a pair from the void is a more viable solution.

As I've mentioned, gloves will have nothing to do with the clothing script. If possible to get them their own item script, sell them in tool shops or 24/7's for example.

You don't see your shirt when you do /inv. What I mean is I want the gloves to be an actual item visible in your /inv system, to take space from your inventory just like real life, any one walking with gloves IRL will be seen with a decent bulge in his pocket or wherever he's having it.

9 minutes ago, Hendrixx20 said:

No one is forced to make a torso with a leather glove for example to ride his bike, all kind of gloves which are included in /gloves can be included as an item, fingered ones and closed ones, it won't be limiting anyone from anything to be honest.

The current script is extremely limiting as there are no good gloves for motorcyclists included. A normal person doesn't use open-back gloves on a motorcycle, yet it's been implemented as 'motor'.

As simple as that, you can freely create whatever you wish to wear on your daily bike ride along with your scripted glove, easier and more convenient than just /me slides out his pair of leather gloves? *From where did you get them? Do you walk around with all kind of gloves?*

The same goes with any other clothing item. I don't think your issue lies with the clothing script, I think it lies with the lack of a standard. Criminals that are dumb enough to provoke and escalate everything into shootouts and cold-blooded murder, are then suddenly smart enough to wear gloves when it's convenient for them, to prevent any and all consequences. 

This won't be affecting any clothing at all, Instead it even enhances it more and more.

For ex, my current main character is an LEO, whenever I'm out, I see people walking around with gloves. (MC gangs excluded ofc) Which is just triggering and unrealistic, having an actual Glove item, which takes part of your inventory space is much more realistic.

The same goes with any other clothing item. With your theory they'd need to have the pants in their inventory in which they stuff the gloves when they take them off. Where else is the pocket they go into? I have seen a server where they did items for clothing, it's a horrible mess with items strewn about literally everywhere, and trust me, we really don't want that, certainly not with the visually unidentifiable 'dropped items' we have now.

As I've mentioned, gloves will have nothing to do with the clothing script. If possible to get them their own item script, sell them in tool shops or 24/7's for example.

You don't see your shirt when you do /inv. What I mean is I want the gloves to be an actual item visible in your /inv system, to take space from your inventory just like real life, any one walking with gloves IRL will be seen with a decent bulge in his pocket or wherever he's having it.

Sorry, I buy my (for example) motorcycle gloves at a motorcycle shop where they sell the appropriate clothing, not at Home Depot. If we're going to talk realism, please don't use hardware stores for this, it's clothing, which coincidentally, is why we buy gloves in clothing stores as it stands. Separating clothing stores, while realistic, isn't going to work with the limited amount of properties on the GTAV map. 

I stand by my reversal of your suggestion. Keep /gloves none for people with outfits with gloves in them, otherwise, and you can have that opinion (an understandable one at that), all clothing needs to be separate items (but due to experience, I highly object to that).

1 hour ago, $hadow said:

I agree. Fingerprints are important evidence, so it makes sense to have an actual glove item.

This sums up what I was going to say. Would be good additions. Possible /gloves for nitrile (rubber/latex type gloves only)

Edited by Exclusive
12 minutes ago, Exclusive said:

This sums up what I was going to say. Would be good additions. Possible /gloves for nitrile (rubber/latex type gloves only)

Yeah, I'm agreeing with this too, since those are the most used ones. Yet I'm afraid the other ones would be abused as well.